Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

-Updated toleda's patched AppleHDAs to the 10.8.3 versions

The text in Multibeast installer still points to 10.8.2. Just cosmetic or still 10.8.2 patched kext?

The new white tonymacx86 theme is amazing!!! Keep up the good work!

what motherboard?

GA-Z77-UP5-TH.

It's my understanding that if you use *any* system definition other than iMac 13,1 then you don't have the audio popping sound/delay. Apparently it has something to do with the way the system handles external speakers, where it powers them off after a period of inactivity.

Just curious if 13,2 doesn't have that problem.

The text in Multibeast installer still points to 10.8.2. Just cosmetic or still 10.8.2 patched kext?

Check the applehda-15.pkg -

previous AppleHDA.kext is 2.3.1
after installing MB 5.3 version is 2.3.7.

I've now several times tested the new Sleepimage removal feature in 5.3.0 and regained 8 gb space (size of my ram)

Multibeast.png

But after reboot i'm still stuck with a Sleepimage (2.15 Gb)

Before.png

I´ve tried to delete it and reboot but it keeps comming back :problem:

Then i deleted it once again and ran this cmd. in Terminal

sudo ln -s /dev/null /var/vm/sleepimage

And as you can se now i have an empty Sleepimage
:cool:

After.png

I don't know if it has to do with my sysdef. MacMini 6.2 that i don't wanna change because i don't wanna loose my IB PM speedsteps
16-22-29-35-39-41-42.

If you have this same little anoing problem, just do like i did.

It's totally safe and will not affect anything what so ever on you comp. beside what i described.

To reverse that cmd. you just delete the empty Sleepimage.

I tried installing it ( tonymacx86 white - Chimera v2.0.1 - usb 3 universal) but it said installation failed. i run M.Lion 10.8.3

When I updated the text I missed changing all references to 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 (I only changed some, not all). This will be fixed in next build of MultiBeast.

GA-Z77-UP5-TH.

It's my understanding that if you use *any* system definition other than iMac 13,1 then you don't have the audio popping sound/delay. Apparently it has something to do with the way the system handles external speakers, where it powers them off after a period of inactivity.

Just curious if 13,2 doesn't have that problem.

I had these symptoms a while back, try going to Applications/utilities/Audio Midi Set and changing the frequency of the output to 48000Hz. Worked for me:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back