HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Hey MacMan,

I turn to you since I experience a problem that seems somehow chameleon or Multibeast related
I have a tried to build a Customac using HD4000 and a Apple 27"Thunderbolt connected to MDP1 of my GA-Z77X-UO5 TH mobo.
I'm using Stork's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...7-3770k-32gb-480gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-gtx-670-a.html

I use the guide for a fresh install (Unibeast 1.7) and in the final step I use Multibeast 5.3 and apply the Intel Z77 recognition.
After restarting the system boots and correctly shows the HD4000 in About This Mac / More Info / System Report... / Graphics/Displays.
So it looks like the build is succesfull.
But when I restart the system it starts to boot resulting in a KP.

It looks like the first restart after the Multibeast install somehow differs from the next restart, causing the first to succeed and the next restarts to fail. Do you have a clue what could be happening, can this be Multibeast related?
This issue may also be caused by the Bios (I am using F11).

I have tried to hook up the monitor to MDP2 and the system boots and correctly recognizing the HD4000.
Restart shows the Apple logo and then the monitor goes black (sleep?)

N.B. I have tried several other builds as a guide, but I Always end up with the same issue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Hey dude, I am having the exact same problem, which is doing my head in, using this generic driver seems to be not working. As you said it shows up on system profiler as superspeed USB but does not mount my Seagate USB 3.0 drive. I am suspicious of my drive as well but I have nothing else to try it with. I also had partial success like you have with previous unstable drivers like caldigit and one prior. Unfortunately they were never good enough to work with.

Please let me know if you find a way to sort this out (but I don't know if we will have any luck, as our mobos are becoming a little old fashion now :( ...).

Anyhow, thank you guys for keeping the fire going!

I got the same problem with same board on F12 bios. If i boot with my seagate goflex in it KPs, If i plug the drive in afterboot everything just freezes.

Motherboard
GA-Z77x-UP5 TH v1.0 BIOS: F12J
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

MacMan,

Some more experimenting with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo:
1) Booting OS X 10.8.x with Thunderbolt monitor in MPD1 results in KP

2) Booting OS X 10.8.x with Thunderbolt monitor in MPD2 results in apple logo then monitor goes to black
When I change the monitor to MPD1 now (hot plug) I get correct OS X 10.8.x recognizing HD4000
I have posted questions to Gigabyte: no results so far
(I removed NullCPUPower management kext)

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

MultiBeast 5.3.1 Released 2013-05-25

Visible Changes:
- Renamed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> OpenCL Patch -> 10.8.x OpenCL Patch to 10.8.0 - 10.8.2 OpenCL Patch
- Changed all references to AppleHDA 10.8.2 to AppleHDA 10.8.3

Internal Changes:
- Changed install method for all patched or rollback kexts.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V
CPU
i7-3770 3.40GHZ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other

Hi is it a problem if I have ML 10.8.4?
That's the only version available in the app store.
I am not achieving my final installation and I don't know if this may be the issue.
Plus, how can I reset the Multibeast settings in case something goes wrong?
I am on a stage in which I cannot see the screen properly and I would like to reinitialize Multibeast, but I can't

wildwillow

Motherboard
Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other

Hi is it a problem if I have ML 10.8.4?
That's the only version available in the app store.
I am not achieving my final installation and I don't know if this may be the issue.
Plus, how can I reset the Multibeast settings in case something goes wrong?
I am on a stage in which I cannot see the screen properly and I would like to reinitialize Multibeast, but I can't

When you say you can't see the screen properly can you be more specific? Maybe take a picture.
What cable are you using to connect to your screen?

Motherboard
HP Pavillion dv 6 6116tx laptop
CPU
Intel i3 2310m
Graphics
AMD Radeon 6490M / Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Any type of download accelerator is not compatible with our software and isn't supported.

oh man, that sucks. On my connection, it usually drops off after a while. I sit praying that it will complete properly.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz
Graphics
GTX570HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Hi TonyMACX,

Great work! I have installed this update on three of my machines. Everything works great except for the USB 3 driver. on all three machines, if I plug in a 3.0 device into the 3.0 USB the system crashes usually a loss in all USB. Going back to you previous version for USB 3.0 works as long as you remove the Kext associated with the new version. Two Gigabyte motherboards and one Asus all with the same problem.

I too had the same issue, just wanted to PING that so you weren't alone. Using a Gigabyte mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.