Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the excellent teams at tonymac, This has been one of the best upgrade, and most stable one specifically when it comes to running FCX pro.
few more crash. XXX

Thanks for this update, especially the Power Management Hibernate Mode. Now my Hackintosh restarts faster. If only there was a properly functioning DSDT file for my setup, but chances are, I'll make a newer and better Hackintosh before that file ever exists.

Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Yes i've just tried that but that's a NO GO for me.
(USB warning after wake from sleep)

So i went back to my previous settings (all 3 Legacy Only)

View attachment 54320

And VERY IMPORTANT after going back to these settings i had to power off my comp for just about 1 minute to get rid of that warning.

I think that it has to do with that the USB3 hubs have to be reset

------------------------------------------------

Using almost the same motherboard (GA-Z77X-UD5H), I boot to UEFI (first) on everything. The SATA drive is set to boot to 'P0' The setup is the same on MB 5.3 dual boot with OS x being 'P0' and Windows 7 being 'P1' (both SSDs). Windows 7 was installed under UEFI on a SSD formatted with 2 partitions: 1 MS FAT (for the Chameleon boot loader) and 1 Journaled, with both GUID. There is a special preparation needed to load Win7 under UEFI. (See: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html )

The OS x drive has TWO partitions also: 1 MS FAT (2 GB) to fix the ATI scrambled text screen, and 1 for the OS x. Both formatted GUID.

MultiBeast 5.3 USB driver is a good solution for this motherboard.

Also using MB 5.3 White Boot Screen, which is superb.

Ritey ..

Just did the update and for the first time ever plugging in my USB 3.0 external disk didn't crash the Finder. Audio still working too. Thanks guys - I am now 100% happy with my system!

Hey guys, brand new hackintosher here, haven't posted in anything yet, just want to say I hugely appreciate all the work done by the brilliant people who run this site. I was running 10.8.3 on a Asus P8Z77-V LK, everything seemed to work fine except sleep and the USB 3.0 ports, but this update fixed that (the USB3.0 at least). Will keep looking for a sleep solution, but awesomeness of this site should not be understated. Thanks again.

If I install ML 10.8.3 on my HD in the partition ("Mountain Lion"), can Multibeast 5.3 be installed on the same HD but on it's own separate partition ("Multibeast") or must it also be installed on "Mountain Lion"? Also, can Chimera 2.0 be placed on the a different partition "Chimera"?

If you are asking if you can have 2 versions of OSX on the same partition-do not try to do that.
I think you misunderstand what 10.8.3 is.

OSX 10.8.3[called Mountain Lion] is an update to 10.8.2 etc.
This tells you how to install it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/331-update-your-os-x-mountain-lion-app-10-8-3.html

Multibeast is an app. You can put in applications or elsewhere. You run Multibeast to modify your OSX installed image.
If you have updated 10.8.2 using the instruction given in the link[BLUE] above, you then run Multibeast to make OSX 1.8.3 bootable and to give it other capabilities such as audio,network access etc. The documentation that comes with the Multibeast download explains that.
Chimera is a bootloader. Multibeast includes it and will install it.

This update has allowed the USB 3.0 ports on GA-Z77-UD3H on ML 10.8.3 to work. Only two of which worked before the new universal usb 3.0 driver update and MB 5.3. Thank you for you work!

Sadly, it has also broken sleep; it now turns off the display and powers down the cpu yet the system is still on and unresponsive.

I have tried..
XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Enabled

XHCI Mode =Smart Auto
Internal CPU PLL Over-voltage = Disable

..in bios to no avail. Disabling XHCI all together does not fix the issue either. Nor fresh installs.

Has anyone experienced this on a similar build?

Yes, I think I'm have a same problem. Sleep function turns off the display and must to restart to use the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back