Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

I'm having an issue with the new USB3 Generic driver, I previously was using the Caldigit driver and my USB3 ports were working with my Vantec HX4 HDDs, but I did have an issue with them randomly ejecting and re-mounting, as well as it seemed to lock up Finder now and then, but with the new Generic driver, my USB3 ports do not work at all, they do show up in "About This Mac" though, but nothing is listed under them, nothing shows in Finder and Disk Utility also does not show anything.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI U1L BIOS, OSX 10.8.3 with MacPro 3,1 profile.

FAIL: Clean 10.8.3 install, then reboot and rund new MB 5.3 - my system boots but stalls.
Z68x-ud3h-b3 UEFI U1h Bios, Core i5 3.3 HD3000, 8 gb ram, 1 TB HD
I have had som problems with random shutdown, i decided to do clean install, But i can not get it to work.

Hey! Did the sound on Sabertooth X79 ALC892 work for you using the latest Multibeast 5.3.0?
I can see all the outputs and inputs but no sound.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have the same issue.

i think this is the same procedure as provided by Toleda in the following post.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/76202-mountain-lion-optimized-applehda-realtek-alc8xx.html

Do note that under the "Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA" , point 3 does state that x79 is unsupported at the moment, it may work for some and not for others.

So there is no guarantee on sound working.

I tried as well but nothing.

FAIL: Clean 10.8.3 install, then reboot and rund new MB 5.3 - my system boots but stalls.
Z68x-ud3h-b3 UEFI U1h Bios, Core i5 3.3 HD3000, 8 gb ram, 1 TB HD
I have had som problems with random shutdown, i decided to do clean install, But i can not get it to work.

Pic of verbose boot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 225

Don't worry about your hair
You got a nice cap to cover that problem :D

If possible go back to Multibeast 5.2.1 as i also discovered problems with the 5.3.0 version.

Not only the issues i described in my posts in this thread.

And remember always make a backup (Carbon copy cloner or Super duper) off a working system before updating anything

Well, I finally got back up, but I tried so many things that I don't know what actually did it. Anyway, running 5.3 still fails, although it appears that it's not a complete failure. some things do get updated. I have the new Chimera installed. More critically however, I have lost my Logitech C910 webcam and mike. It works perfectly on my Macs but not my Hack. Any ideas to get it working again would be appreciated. I'd also like to know why I'm having problems with MultiBeast 5.3.

Yesterday i update my fake smc , fake smc plugins, network and audio.
They work fine but my UI now is crashing occasionally and i need to log out with cmd+ opt + eject every time to restore it , any help?

But if i plug ANY USB2 or 3 device in ANY front or rear USB3 port that problem's gone.

My front USB3 ports is connected to the header #2 and #3 on the MB.

------------------------

Under 'BIOS Features' - > CSM Support - > Boot Mode Selection - > Storage Boot Option Control -> Display Boot Option Control you have all those set to either Legacy Only or 'Legacy First.'

Have you tried resetting each of these to 'UEFI First?'

Ritey ..

I have now Mountain Lion 10.8.3 installed with MultiBeast 5.2.1
Is it posible to update to MultiBeast 5.3 to run only MultiBeast or should I perform first a fresh installation of Mountain Lion and subsequently run MultiBeast 5.3 again?

Thanks,

Johan

I have now Mountain Lion 10.8.3 installed with MultiBeast 5.2.1
Is it posible to update to MultiBeast 5.3 to run only MultiBeast or should I perform first a fresh installation of Mountain Lion and subsequently run MultiBeast 5.3 again?

Thanks,

Johan

----------------------------------

Suggest you first save your 'Extra' Folder to a secure location. MB 5.3 appears stable, but nothing is perfect ;>)

On the 5.2 system I upgraded, I only selected items that indicated 'Updated' and all is working.

You will want to focus on one file before and after you do the 5.3 update.

If you have any unique hardware configs, after you update to 5.3 and BEFORE you reboot, go to your backed up version of org.chameleon.Boot.plist (found in Extra folder) and compare it to the fresh one that MB 5.3 just created. If there are hardware-specific keys your system needs to boot with, COPY ONLY those keys into the newly created org.chameleon.Boot.plist using TextEditor, save, and reboot.

Good luck

Ritey ...

Yes it supports the Etron EJ168, verified it on my Z68XP-UD3

May I know what USB options did you set on the bios, thanks

------------------------

Under 'BIOS Features' - > CSM Support - > Boot Mode Selection - > Storage Boot Option Control -> Display Boot Option Control you have all those set to either Legacy Only or 'Legacy First.'

Have you tried resetting each of these to 'UEFI First?'

Ritey ..

Yes i've just tried that but that's a NO GO for me.
(USB warning after wake from sleep)

So i went back to my previous settings (all 3 Legacy Only)

5.jpg

And VERY IMPORTANT after going back to these settings i had to power off my comp for just about 1 minute to get rid of that warning.

I think that it has to do with that the USB3 hubs have to be reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back