Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

5.2.1 update just ruined my whole install... give me a break!

Updated Atheros (rebooted fine), but then updated FakeSMC.kext(backed up my old FakeSMC.kext) and the ALC8XX kexts for my GA-z77-DS3H (3770k CPU) and it stays on the gray boot screen. So then I replaced the FakeSMC with my old, reboot, but still not luck. Then removed the ALC8xx stuff and still nothing. Bullpucky update.....if you ask me. Getting real tired of MB's

EDIT: NEVER MIND!!! I think the Audio kext was keeping me from booting. Got it back up and running

Why would any of you here who are reportedly having issues with this new version of MB (5.2.1) not have already cloned a complete back-up 'test' boot build on another HD, or partition within your Hackintosh for program upgrading and bug/tweak fixes like this one? Once I had a fully operational and stable 10.8.2 build up and runnin, any of my future testing of any new program releases and/or bug fixes are automatically done on the back-up cloned copy, and NEVER, ever on my primary working build. If something goes awry on my cloned 'test' build, I can try and troubleshoot a fix, or just erase the entire drive/partition and start another new test clone all over again.

I have EVGA GFORCE GT 520 2GB, which option should i use? please help me with this.

Has anyone used the evga GEFORCE GTX 680 w/ 4 gig superclocked?

This version is not at the archive. I'm trying to enable gpu in blender, in a mountain lion with a 670 4GB mac pro 2008.

good thing !!thank you for share!!

I was having the same KP with my EVGA GTX 670 FTW card. I deleted the GPUSensors.kext from S/L/E for a successful boot, then found this thread.
I don't know anything about Git, but I downloaded the HWSensors-master .zip file from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors.
I just don't know what to do with it. I was expecting to find a new GPUSensors.kext file for me to put back in, but it seems more complicated than that.
I'm going to clone my drive before I start tinkering with it. Any advice on how to install kozlek's fix would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
As a small improvement I would like to suggest that Multibeast should not generate a new SMserial in the Smbios.plist every time it is run, but instead use the existing SMserial if there is one already -- I have the feeling some software packages use it for their activation verification, so if one runs Multibeast to reinstall Chimera or something else after a system update, one has to remember to restore the previous SMserial since Multibeast writes in a new one every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back