Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

I have no issues with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and EVGA GTX 670 with the latest version of MultiBeast. I've found issues when using HWmonitor and iStat Menu 3 together.

I have issues if I install GPUSensors.kext and boot up with either iStat or HWMonitor enabled. I can also boot normally if I install GPUSensors.kext but disable both HWmonitor and iStat on boot, and can even enable them after boot without issue, but if either one starts on boot, I get a full system freeze.

I've sent info about my system to kozlek through GitHub, including a DarwinDumper dump, and I think he's looking into it. For now everything works as long as I remove GPUSensors.kext.

MultiBeast 5.2.1 Released 2012-12-12

Visible Changes:
- Added Customization -> Drivers -> System Definitions -> iMac -> iMac 13,1

Internal Changes:
- Fixed bug in standalone Theme installation location.
- Fixed Mac mini 6,1 serial number.
- Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v4.3.5.

Having issues with FakeSMC 4.3.5... No wake from sleep... Fans keep spinning.. No picture... Wake from sleep works all fine on FakeSMC 4.3.4 version.. Using Z68A-D3-B3 motherboard UEFI Bios...

Cheers

I have no issues with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and EVGA GTX 670 with the latest version of MultiBeast. I've found issues when using HWmonitor and iStat Menu 3 together.

Same mobo and asus dcuII gtx 660 Ti, i can do pretty much anything else but Aperture freezes computer after a while, multibeast 5.1.3 i can use fakesmc and monitoring but Aperture still freezes, multibeast 5.2 or 5.2.1 i can´t use monitoring and Aperture freezes. Haven't found anything that would cause it to do so.

Before i updated multibeast to 5.2 i used 5.1.3 about a week and did lots of video editing on premiere pro and i did got few screen tearings and i had to hard reboot. Didn't have any other problems.

I don¨t know if adding second monitor or changing sound output to digital affect this but i don't see how those would. After one crash i saw in log file lots of lines about gpu. Reinstalled system couple times after that to see if multibeast was the reason. Now after clean installs i doesn't seem to affect if its 5.1.3 or 5.2.1.

I don't have any nvidia drivers installed atm and nothing graphics related selected on multibeast, using 5.1.3 atm. System reports card and memory right, luxmark works etc.

So what can i do? i am going to try installing nvidia drivers next but i had em before and still got freezes.

Same mobo and asus dcuII gtx 660 Ti, i can do pretty much anything else but Aperture freezes computer after a while, multibeast 5.1.3 i can use fakesmc and monitoring but Aperture still freezes, multibeast 5.2 or 5.2.1 i can´t use monitoring and Aperture freezes. Haven't found anything that would cause it to do so.

Before i updated multibeast to 5.2 i used 5.1.3 about a week and did lots of video editing on premiere pro and i did got few screen tearings and i had to hard reboot. Didn't have any other problems.

I don¨t know if adding second monitor or changing sound output to digital affect this but i don't see how those would. After one crash i saw in log file lots of lines about gpu. Reinstalled system couple times after that to see if multibeast was the reason. Now after clean installs i doesn't seem to affect if its 5.1.3 or 5.2.1.

I don't have any nvidia drivers installed atm and nothing graphics related selected on multibeast, using 5.1.3 atm. System reports card and memory right, luxmark works etc.

So what can i do? i am going to try installing nvidia drivers next but i had em before and still got freezes.

Oh ye, it might be that i am watching video on second monitor, well most of the times system freezes i have been doing something on second monitor. So testing now if that affects it

If you have a Kepler video card don't use HWmonitor.app or iStat Menus. Or if you want to still monitor your system remove /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext.

As soon as kozlek fixes this issue I will update MultiBeast.

Reading here that most users of GTX 670 especially with factory OC'd versions are having trouble with this new version, would it be wise for me to try and install the new FakeSMC at all? I have a Zotac GTX 670 OC on a Z77X-UD5H and was hoping that these plugins would help get back my sleep/wake functionality which I lost after over-clocking my 3770K..
Do you thing these OC versions were a wrong pick to begin with?

If you have a Kepler video card don't use HWmonitor.app or iStat Menus. Or if you want to still monitor your system remove /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext.

As soon as kozlek fixes this issue I will update MultiBeast.

Removed GPUSensors.kext and installed nvidia drivers AND removed second monitor, had no problems after that, worked on aperture with my pictures and even put some movies running on background. So today i am going to see one part at the time wich one of these is the cause. Using Multibeast 5.1.3 and hwmonitor.

kozlek has released a version of GPUSensors.kext on his github which (temporarily) disables clock monitoring for GPUs. It works for me.

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

I can see GPU temp and fan speed, just not clock speed. Clock monitoring seems to be the source of the trouble with some (maybe mostly overclocked) Kepler cards including my Gigabyte GTX670 OC Edition.

I'm not sure this version merits inclusion in Multibeast as kozlek seems to indicate that it is temporary until he can fix the issue, but it may help those currently experiencing issues.

5.2.1 update just ruined my whole install... give me a break!

Updated Atheros (rebooted fine), but then updated FakeSMC.kext(backed up my old FakeSMC.kext) and the ALC8XX kexts for my GA-z77-DS3H (3770k CPU) and it stays on the gray boot screen. So then I replaced the FakeSMC with my old, reboot, but still not luck. Then removed the ALC8xx stuff and still nothing. Bullpucky update.....if you ask me. Getting real tired of MB's

EDIT: NEVER MIND!!! I think the Audio kext was keeping me from booting. Got it back up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back