Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

I am running the latest FakeSMC, HWMonitor app and iStat Menu 4 on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH / GTX 670 on 10.8.2.

For those having issues here is what I recommend you do to fix it:

1) Boot from your UniBeast USB volume and select the OS X Installer volume.
2) Once you are in the installer, select Terminal and the delete the FakeSMC.kext on the volume you are having issues with. The command will like look something like this:

rm -rf /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

Replace ML with your volume name. Remember if it has spaces in it surround the name with "".

3) Reboot using your UniBeast USB but this time select the Mountain Lion volume you deleted FakeSMC from.
4) Run MultiBeast and reinstall FakeSMC, Plugins and HWMonitor.app
5) Reboot your system normally.

I tried this, but after removing FakeSMC.kext from my Mountain Lion drive, I was unable to boot to it from Chimera on my USB. I got stuck at the grey apple logo screen, and a verbose boot stopped at the following:
Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

After that I tried booting from my backup (which has the old FakeSMC) and reinstalling FakeSMC & plugins onto my Mountain Lion drive from there, but this resulted in the same kernel panic/freeze up that I was getting before.

The two of us who seem to be having this issue both have factory overclocked editions of the 670, do you think that might be part of the issue?

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and try a complete reinstall of OSX on my Mountain Lion drive using the new MultiBeast. Will report back with results.

Edit 2: After a regular reinstall, I get a KP on boot. Looks like this:
Photo Dec 06, 9 43 19 AM.jpg
I'm now attempting a complete erase and install to see if a completely fresh installation will work on my system with the new FakeSMC.

Edit 3: Yep, I did a complete erase and install and installed the latest FakeSMC and plugins, (didn't even install iStat, just HWMonitor) and the issue still persists. If I boot up with the HWMonitor menubar plugin disabled it's fine, and I can even turn it on once I'm booted, but if I have it enabled at boot time it freezes my whole system as soon as it loads in the menubar. There is definitely some kind of bug here, it can't be a conflict with any other software. Please let me know if I can help track it down; I don't know what else to try.

I'm rolling back to my MultiBeast 5.1.1 backup for now.

Im having a problem with it as well, system boots great and fast but im getting spontanous freezes. clean installed with MB 5.1.3 and haven had any problems after

CPU = i7 3770 and GPU geforce 660GTX

Just tried it on a clean install and it works ok for me on the GA-X79-UD3 + 3930K as long as I do not use a DSDT. However, as at least one other has reported, I do seem to get a slight performance drop. Not a lot: A geek of ~21900 is now about 21600. Just benchqueen numbers in reality...!

Thanks for continuing support!

I have a Asus GTX 670 (GTX670-DC2-2GD5) on my system. I have installed the new kozlek's FakeSMC with all the plugins.The weirdest thing is happening on my system. If I use my system without any graphics instensive tasks my system is stable, but the moment the GPU is used the system Kernel Panics and locks up. Example scenarios when this happens are when I open any game (such as Limbo) or when I test my GPU with a online test (such as the HTML5 Fish Bowl test). Is anyone having this problem?? Does anyone know the solution?? and yes I am running iStat Menus 4.02.

The new FakeSMC blew me up, recovered from backup...

for the people asking like i said before i have my hack in 10.8.2 change mi system def to mac mini 6,1 and have new update for the last macbook retyna and mac mini install the update all ok just lost mi applehda.kext

ps. thanks to lollo78 for the applehda now whit mi uefi mobo and mi gtx 260 just install modified applehda.kext and im having audio trough hdmi whitout dsdt

i cannot get this Multibeast to work at all. Completely blows up my system.

Need help on multi beast 5.2 update process
Do we need to redownload DSDT file, place on the desktop
do we have to reselect initial selection from the previous multibeast installation

Thanks

Hey guys, can i apply this multibeast over the top of the previous one? or do I have to reinstall. Also, Do I have to select the same kexts again?

Help appreciated

Chris
You can replace the older MultiBeast with the newer version and you shouldn't have to do all of that reinstalling. All I did was install the updated FakeSMC and associated plugins.

Guys, some of us are noobs and are curious of the updating process... Do we have to re install checking the same boxes we did on initial installation? Do we need to delete or change anything first ex. FakeSMC. Please don't ignore this question since I realize other people are asking too... Thanks.

I updated by only ticking FakeSMC. I had no noticeable improvement in any area, not hat there was any major issues anyhow.

I would advise that you either A) make a system backup before doing the update & make a backup of the current FakeSMC (Located in S/L/E) B) don't update, as if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Worst case scenario, if it goes wrong simply boot with your UniBeast using -v and delete the new FakeSMC, replace with the backup you made, repair permissions and your back to your previous state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back