Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing the new FakeSMC, I'm having an issue on my Gigabyte UD5H where my system boots to the desktop but freezes solid as soon as my menubar items start to load. I've rolled back to a backup and tried again twice.
I have iStat Menus 4 installed, which I think is probably the cause. I'm going to uninstall it and try again. It was working before! Anyone else use iStat Menus or have a similar issue?

EDIT: Yep, it's definitely a conflict with iStat Menus 4, uninstalling iStat menus before upgrading FakeSMC resolved the issue. Which is really too bad; I love iStat Menus, and it worked with the previous version of FakeSMC. If anyone's curious, this is the text of the kernel panic (or at least I assume that's what it was) that flashed on screen for a moment when it froze. Sorry for the poor quality, it literally only appears for half a second and was difficult to photograph.

I'm going to stick with the old FakeSMC for now, and hope that this issue works itself out.
DVyej.png

Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

After installing the new FakeSMC, I'm having an issue on my Gigabyte UD5H where my system boots to the desktop but freezes solid as soon as my menubar items start to load. I've rolled back to a backup and tried again twice.
I have iStat Menus 4 installed, which I think is probably the cause. I'm going to uninstall it and try again. It was working before! Anyone else use iStat Menus or have a similar issue?

EDIT: Yep, it's definitely a conflict with iStat Menus 4, uninstalling iStat menus before upgrading FakeSMC resolved the issue. Which is really too bad; I love iStat Menus, and it worked with the previous version of FakeSMC. If anyone's curious, this is the text of the kernel panic (or at least I assume that's what it was) that flashed on screen for a moment when it froze. Sorry for the poor quality, it literally only appears for half a second and was difficult to photograph.

I'm going to stick with the old FakeSMC for now, and hope that this issue works itself out.
DVyej.png

Yea, having the same problem but it is from iStat and HWmonitor which leads me to believe it's something wrong with the plugins rather than a specific app. My guess is it has something to do with the kepler parts because when loaded it worked fine and showed the gnu mem usage which hasn't been there since like 10.7.3 or so. Hopefully it gets figured out till then same thing with stepping back which stinks since it was back to having full support in iStat/HW

Also if you get the freeze or kp just boot with -x (safe mode) and remove either program and then reboot normally problem is fixed for now.

Edit: I removed the GPU plugin and still had to use safe mode to load in with istat menus installed. This shows that it is not just the plugin and not just the program (istat/HW). Something is messing it up bad and may be one of the other 3 plugins but don't know. The plugin for the cpu was the smae version number so i dont think that one is causing the problem. Didnt check the other two yet will do later but if one of them has an updated version number than I will drop back go back to version 4 of istat and see if that fixes it.

Hey guys, can i apply this multibeast over the top of the previous one? or do I have to reinstall. Also, Do I have to select the same kexts again?

Help appreciated

Chris

Yea, having the same problem but it is from iStat and HWmonitor which leads me to believe it's something wrong with the plugins rather than a specific app. My guess is it has something to do with the kepler parts because when loaded it worked fine and showed the gnu mem usage which hasn't been there since like 10.7.3 or so. Hopefully it gets figured out till then same thing with stepping back which stinks since it was back to having full support in iStat/HW

Also if you get the freeze or kp just boot with -x (safe mode) and remove either program and then reboot normally problem is fixed for now.

Edit: I removed the GPU plugin and still had to use safe mode to load in with istat menus installed. This shows that it is not just the plugin and not just the program (istat/HW). Something is messing it up bad and may be one of the other 3 plugins but don't know. The plugin for the cpu was the smae version number so i dont think that one is causing the problem. Didnt check the other two yet will do later but if one of them has an updated version number than I will drop back go back to version 4 of istat and see if that fixes it.

It definitely the GPUsensor plugin, I removed it and now the KP are gone I had with hwmonitor.

Edit: I also removed all the cache in /System/LibraryCaches.

I also can confirm that with macmini6,2 I only get 2 pstates. With macmini5,1 there're 3 pstates. ML was installed with MB 5.1.3 (haven't tested latest MB version yet)

After installing MultiBeast 5.2.0 and selecting Mac Mini 6,1 System Definition...
...Software Update is offering me an update for Mountain Lion, 687MB

I was already at 10.8.2

Should I bite?

Did you go for it?

I am running the latest FakeSMC, HWMonitor app and iStat Menu 4 on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH / GTX 670 on 10.8.2.

For those having issues here is what I recommend you do to fix it:

1) Boot from your UniBeast USB volume and select the OS X Installer volume.
2) Once you are in the installer, select Terminal and the delete the FakeSMC.kext on the volume you are having issues with. The command will like look something like this:

rm -rf /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

Replace ML with your volume name. Remember if it has spaces in it surround the name with "".

3) Reboot using your UniBeast USB but this time select the Mountain Lion volume you deleted FakeSMC from.
4) Run MultiBeast and reinstall FakeSMC, Plugins and HWMonitor.app
5) Reboot your system normally.

Hi.
when i'm trying to install somethin the Installation fails.
what could it be?

thx for ur help

What exactly has been changed since the old version of FakeSMC and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement compared to the new ones included in MultiBeast 5.2? I couldn't find a changelog.

Guys, some of us are noobs and are curious of the updating process... Do we have to re install checking the same boxes we did on initial installation? Do we need to delete or change anything first ex. FakeSMC. Please don't ignore this question since I realize other people are asking too... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back