Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@macman

Does the new FakeSMC extension have all the new Ivy Bridge SMC keys?

Also the SMBios is missing a valid serial number that's why it's not showing up in "About This Mac", and why people are unable to down load the IB update from the App Store. It's worthless without a S/N.

MacMac PM me if you want a fix for this that you can add to MultiBeast. =)

-Mrengles

Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

As it looks like it's better going the macmini5,1 route. Haven't tried macmini6,2 yet but for me mm5,1 works perfect (with my homemachine - see sig.)

Maybe when 10.8.3 is available for downloading...

Congrats, great work, guys! Will you be updating MB when Mountain Lion combo update 10.8.3 comes out and Imac 27 late 2012 gets a iFixit teardown?

Do I need a new fresh install or can I apply on top of my current installation?

For example, I want to try the new LAN driver but I suppose that I need to "delete" the current Maolji's driver. I have searched long and hard but can't find a guide that tells me how to replace/delete various options when testing different alternatives (different audio drivers, different LAn drivers, etc) using MultiBeast.

Do I need a new fresh install or can I apply the new changes on top of my current installation?

For example, I want to try the new LAN driver but I suppose that I need to "delete" the current Maolji's driver. I have searched long and hard but can't find a FAQ or guide that tells me how to replace/delete various Multibeast Kexts options when testing different alternatives (different audio drivers, different LAn drivers, etc).

@macman

Does the new FakeSMC extension have all the new Ivy Bridge SMC keys?

Also the SMBios is missing a valid serial number that's why it's not showing up in "About This Mac", and why people are unable to down load the IB update from the App Store. It's worthless without a S/N.

MacMac PM me if you want a fix for this that you can add to MultiBeast. =)

-Mrengles
The serial number is confirmed valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back