1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
software_update_big.jpg
MultiBeast, the ultimate post-installation utility, has been updated to version 5.2 for OS X Mountain Lion. Changes include a reordering of choices and renaming for clarity, a new Atheros Ethernet driver, updated FakeSMC and plugins with Kepler support, a patcher to support mixed Intel 6 and 7 Series configurations, new Mac mini system definition and the 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform.kext for rolling back when required.

Please make sure to read the documentation provided in MultiBeast Features document for all install locations and details. You can download the latest version at http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Please do not upload or redistribute MultiBeast to any other sites.

Visible Changes:

• Reordered choices in Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk
  • Reordered choices in Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System
  • Reordered choices in Customization
  • Removed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
  • Renamed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90 to Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
  • Renamed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7 to Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
  • Renamed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet to Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.1.7
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi
  • Moved Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch to Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi and renamed to OpenCL Patch
  • Moved Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi >2GB OpenCL Patch to Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi and renamed to >2GB OpenCL Patch
  • Removed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA GTX 470 / 480 / 560Ti 448 Cores / 570 / 580 Support
  • Removed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi -> NVIDIA GTX 670 / 680 / 690 10.8.0 and 10.8.1 Support
  • Changed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to a menu choice
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback -> 10.6.8 Rollback for ASUS X58 System
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback -> 10.8.1 Rollback
  • Changed Customization -> Drivers -> System Definitions Mac mini to a menu choice
  • Added Customization -> Drivers -> System Definitions -> iMac -> iMac 13,1
  • Added Customization -> Drivers -> System Definitions -> Mac mini -> Mac mini 5,1
  • Added Customization -> Drivers -> System Definitions -> Mac mini -> Mac mini 6,1

Internal Changes:

• Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v4.3.5
  • Updated patched 10.8.0 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Related:
Inside MultiBeast: New FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App
Inside MultiBeast: Audio and HDMI Audio
MultiBeast 5.1 Update
MultiBeast 5.0
MultiBeast.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Is the Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2 driver patched in any way to prevent it from unloading?
I have to set my boot flags to -f for it to come back on reboot on my H77-DS3H V1.1 board.

Great! Installed the new fakeSMC and plugins. My 660ti is now monitored. CPU multiplier still doesn't report correct turbo states though (compared to MSRDumper, 2600k CPU and z68ma-d2h-b3 mobo).

Another nice bonus is that my boot time shortened tremendously. I used to have some kind of time-out of like 30sec that had to pass before it would load the GUI, all gone now :)

Great!

What's different with the new FakeSMC?

Thanks so much as always! My rig also has a faster boot time. What does "a patcher to support mixed Intel 6 and 7 Series configurations" mean exactly? Pardon the n00bish question.

LOL, montyvideo, I have the same question! I assume it refers to Sandy bridge and ivy bridge, but wondering if it refers to motherboards with mixed chips or using sandy bridge CPUs on ivy bridge motherboards (or vice-versa)

Even with only four possibilities my head is still spinning. This is all part of the addiction of hackintoshing, whatever new voodoo these geniuses cook up I still jump and say "oh I don't know what the heck that is but I want my computer to have it!"

Thanks so much as always! My rig also has a faster boot time. What does "a patcher to support mixed Intel 6 and 7 Series configurations" mean exactly? Pardon the n00bish question.
The long version:

A patcher to allow the use of the graphics controller in Sandy Bridge CPUs on 7 Series (Panther Point AKA Z77, H77, etc.) motherboards and the graphics controller in Ivy Bridge CPUs on 6 Series (Cougar Point AKA Z68, P68, etc.) motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back