Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

I had similar issue. Running -v just skipped over. Seems to e an issue with the account actually starting up rather then the computer. I just recovered from back up in the end and avoided this version for now.

i spotted another bug , when running HWSensors , after i get past the login screen i get a gray screen and everything freezes . any solution ? if i disable the app everything is ok.

So I reinstalled last night and started applying things one at a time. Adding FakeSMC and the plugins is where my machine stops booting. Is there a way to remove these from the terminal on the UniBeast drive and get it to boot again?

not a big deal for me but.

after installing mountain lion on my builds,when i boot up i get the gray apple but no spinning thingie...
on both builds(x58,h55m)they boot ok just no spinner? very odd
has anyone seen this?

I've also an issue with the new version of Multibeast:
I tried to update Multibeast to 5.1.3 to see if Sleep works, instead of fixing this issue, I found out later that it didn't install any FakeSMC and my System crashed and wouldn't boot in Mac OS X ML.
My solution to fix it:
I connected the HD to my Mini and copied an older FakeSMC in S/L/E and now it boots again.

- Changed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party to a menu choice
- Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> CalDigit
- Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> LaCie

The note says it's not compatible with 7-series 1055 MBs. Does it include my Asus Sabertooth Z77?

I just get a grey screen now with a spinning thingy. If I boot with -v, the last three lines are:

AirPort: RSN handshake completed on en1
66.650502: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
66.659797: ATHR: unknown locale: 21

Should have backed up. Stupid Stupid. I still have a working copy of SL on the machine. can anyone tell me how I would roll back the update or fix it somehow??

:(

not a big deal for me but.

after installing mountain lion on my builds,when i boot up i get the gray apple but no spinning thingie...
on both builds(x58,h55m)they boot ok just no spinner? very odd
has anyone seen this?

you have to add flag in your org.chameleon.boot.plist, npci=0x3000
so you get your spinning wheel...

- Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> CalDigit
- Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> LaCie

Best option for Etron controller? I'm on a GA-Z68XP-UD3 board and ML 10.8.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back