Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HWMonitor is no longer working. I could only see the icon on status bar and no readings. When I click on the icon, a menu appears and it lists my hard disks, but checking any entry on or off makes no difference.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / i7 2600K

Edit: Auto-run on login was running the old version of HWMonitor all along. I removed that entry and run the app from my Applications folder and now it works. I liked have a readings constantly displayed on my status bar though =/

Great work, Tony!

Edit: Finally figured out how to display readings by dragging items within the table on the second tab. Loving this version of HWMonitor!

Pro tip: Command+drag the status bar item to rearrange it!

I am getting a install fail when I am installing the auto drivers in multibeast just an FYI.

will hopefully be able to test this later tonight, curious if this will enable more audio ports working on the z77x-ud5h

If you enabled TRIM with terminal in 10.8.2 should you enable it again in Multibeast or do nothing?

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

If you enabled TRIM with terminal in 10.8.2 should you enable it again in Multibeast or do nothing?
If it's working then you don't need to do anything.

'Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler" That means the Multi Beast itself edit the DSDT layout id to enable 3 port surround sound? and FIX the Legacy USB Support election issue( The installer reported failed. and have to delete two kexts IOUSBAttachedSCSI. and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext to successfully install MB? and Solve the DVD play back error (to solve this have to install patched 3rd party AHCI kext ) ?

I just ran the new 5.1 and can confirm that the motherboard plugins no longer causes the bootup freeze. Unfortunately HWmonitor still does not show my temps even though FakeSMC, Motherboard Plugins, and HWmonitor are installed. I am using a DSDT free install on a GA-Z68X-UD3H Uefi bios, 2600K @ 4.6ghz w/custom SSDT, and a GTX670.

Any ideas? I don't mind not having temperatures on this rig because I have a windows SSD for running games and can monitor stuff from there, but my wifes rig is OS X only and sometime I worry about temps there, so this would be a great feature to have. I really liked it on 10.7.4.

Thanks for all the work to everyone @ Tonymacx86.com

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

'Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler" That means the Multi Beast itself edit the DSDT layout id to enable 3 port surround sound? and FIX the Legacy USB Support election issue( The installer reported failed. and have to delete two kexts IOUSBAttachedSCSI. and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext to successfully install MB? and Solve the DVD play back error (to solve this have to install patched 3rd party AHCI kext ) ?
Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT-> Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler.

If you are using a DSDT and have a a motherboard with only 3 audio ports then you will need to edit the DSDT so that layout-id is 2 or remove layout-id and use that HDAEnabler.

Nothing was changed with Legacy USB and that option is only needed when NOT using a DSDT.

hey this add suport to the nvidea 450 GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back