1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
software_update_big.jpg
MultiBeast, the ultimate post-installation utility, has been updated to version 5.1 for OS X Mountain Lion. Changes include new patched 10.8.2 AppleHDA audio drivers by toleda, graphics options, new FakeSMC, and more. Please make sure to read the documentation provided in MultiBeast Features for all install locations and details. Download the latest version at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Please do not upload or redistribute MultiBeast to any other sites.

Visible Changes:

• Added NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics
  • Added 10.8.x OpenCL Patch to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch
  • Added NVIDIA Retail 304.00.00f20 OpenCL Patch to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch
  • Renamed NVIDIA Fermi >2GB OpenCL Patch -> 10.8.0 - 10.8.1 OpenCL Patch to 10.8.x OpenCL Patch
  • Removed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA GTX 470 / 480 / 560Ti 448 Cores / 570 / 580 Support
  • Renamed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA GTX 670 / 680 / 690 Support to NVIDIA GTX 670 / 680 / 690 10.8.0 and 10.8.1 Support
  • Merged NVIDIA GTX 670 / 680 / 690 Support -> 10.8.0 Patched GeForceGLDriver.bundle and NVIDIA GTX 670 / 680 / 690 Support -> 10.8.0 Patched GeForceGLDriver.bundle
  • Changed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler to a Menu Choice
  • Added 10.8.0 TRIM Patch to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler
  • Added 10.8.1+ TRIM Patch to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler
  • Added Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler
  • Removed Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> AMD RADEON Plugin
  • Removed Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> NVIDIA GeForce Plugin
  • Renamed Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> OS X 10.8.0 to OS X 10.8.x
  • Added 1080p Display to Customization -> Boot Options
  • Changed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party to a menu choice
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> CalDigit
  • Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> LaCie
Internal Changes:

• Updated toleda's patched AppleHDAs to the 10.8.2 versions
  • Enhanced Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> With DSDT to patch /Extra/DSDT.aml with layout-id 1
  • Changed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT to install HDAenabler1.kext
  • Updated hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet to v2.1.7
  • Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v4.3.2
  • Fixed NVIDIA Fermi >2GB OpenCL Patch
For existing installations, if you're not having any issues, there's no reason to update anything. If you have Bug Reports or Feature Requests, please let us know in the MultiBeast section of the forum. Also, post your build's MultiBeast screenshots here. Enjoy!

Related:
Visit MultiBeast.com
Post Your MultiBeast 5 Screenshots
MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Attachments

• mb5 (1).png
    mb5 (1).png
    115.6 KB · Views: 557
  • mb5.png
    mb5.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 571
  • software_update.png
    software_update.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 506
  • software_update_big.jpg
    software_update_big.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,320
Last edited by a moderator:
Noob question here, since it's removing the 560 Ti bootloader, what does that mean if I want to upgrade to Mtn. Lion and I still use a 560 Ti? Do I lose support or do the added bootloaders cover the 560?

Just a quick note: the new FakeSMC branch, HWMonitor and plugins included in this release do NOT contain the infamous OEMSmbios.kext, so no need to be concerned about stability. ;)

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Noob question here, since it's removing the 560 Ti bootloader, what does that mean if I want to upgrade to Mtn. Lion and I still use a 560 Ti? Do I lose support or do the added bootloaders cover the 560?
The option was removed as the functionality was moved into
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch

Also I will be doing an article soon detailing the changes for graphics in MultiBeast 5.1.0.

Anyone know if this will fix the black/blank/sleep screen issues after install on 560 Ti's? I've been unable to use ML on my Hack due to this.

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Thanks for the clarification! Can't wait for the post about Graphics changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back