Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

Let's move our thread out of this forum, to where it belongs, in Mountain Lion Questions.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
ATI 5870 (MSI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

Let's move our thread out of this forum, to where it belongs, in Mountain Lion Questions.
Ok sorry How could we do that ?

Do you want me to erase previous post , or you will move them ?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z270-A
CPU
G4400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi Peppy,

Any chance you could post your updated DSDT with the audio fix?

I am unable to get my audio working running multi beast 5.1.2 and selecting the user DSDT plus 889a audio kext., I think I have the same board as you... F14 bios.

Will PM you.

Thanks,

-John

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming rev. 1.0
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Good morning everybody,
I'm following the thread trying to understand how to solve my troubles, since I've a partially working ML 10.8.2 but get a lot of errors messages from the console and have no audio working at all.

I updated from Lion 10.7.3 and now if I try to set up my system (labeled as a MacPro4,1) with MB 5.1.2 I get a failure. I tried to remove fakesmc.kext and deleted Extra folder, used kext utility (where I see a mixing of OS 10.8.2 and 10.7.3) but also in such way I cannot succeed with MB. I cannot even update DSDT.aml.
Also the last OS update from apple (10.8.2.1) fails.

Reading the post it seems it should be better to restart from scratch. I would like to avoid this since I'm afraid I cannot restore my personal data and apps configurations.

Will in this case Time Machine be a good tools to restore?
Thank you in advance for any reply.
Bye
Rommy

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any chance you could post your updated DSDT with the audio fix?

jreeve,

View attachment DSDT_layoutID_mod.aml

Here's my modified DSDT file for the P55A-UD4P rev.1 It's just the one from the Database, plus the layout-id edit.

Now, if you've got 889a audio, you probably have a rev.2. The rev. 1 is 889. If your's is a rev 2, let me know and I'll edit one of those for you. Would do it now, but my Hack is in pieces at the moment.

MB 5.1.2 is supposed to do the edit for you BTW, just didn't work on mine for some reason.

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Reading the post it seems it should be better to restart from scratch. I would like to avoid this since I'm afraid I cannot restore my personal data and apps configurations.
rommy,

Really have never done a major update, only clean installs, so I have no experience to draw from. You should be able to use a UniBeast USB to open a terminal window and manually copy the necessary kexts from the USB to the system drive. You could add a folder with the FakeSMC from MB 5.0.2, which should cure your install failure messages. You can repair permissions with the Disk Utility in the UniBeast installer as well. If you happened to install Legacy USB, (which you shouldn't), just #sudo cp S/L/E/IOUSB* /Volumes/?OSX?/S/L/E...

/Extras you should leave alone, since you know that worked in 10.7.

Audio you can deal with separately once the system is running.

HTH

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z270-A
CPU
G4400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Peppy,

It turns out I also have a rev 1.0 board. your DSDT with audio fix worked like a charm for me. Thank you very much! You saved me some time and I appreciate it.

-John

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Glad to help.

Good luck with your UD4P. If you ever manage to get the Renasas USB3 working under ML, with sleep, let me know. I'm sick of messing with it.

Motherboard
MSI GL72M 7RDX
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there any update or progress on fixing these issues at the Multibeast release level? I've tried the few tweaks and workarounds and none of them seem to fix this problem. I went back to my 10.8 install, ran 5.1.2 and everything is still messed up with it. I did the update in the hope of fixing my sleep issues, but it's instead opened a whole other can of worms. I find once you try and fail the install, then other installers start failing too. Does anyone have any insight on what is causing all these issues? I keep checking in to see if there will be a 5.1.3 released that might address the failed install issues.

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there any update or progress on fixing these issues at the Multibeast release level? I've tried the few tweaks and workarounds and none of them seem to fix this problem. I went back to my 10.8 install, ran 5.1.2 and everything is still messed up with it. I did the update in the hope of fixing my sleep issues, but it's instead opened a whole other can of worms. I find once you try and fail the install, then other installers start failing too. Does anyone have any insight on what is causing all these issues? I keep checking in to see if there will be a 5.1.3 released that might address the failed install issues.
What issues? Every one of these posts have been due to bad previously installed kexts.

I just rebuilt my Z77X-UP5 TH, i7-3770k over clocked to 4.8 GHz, GTX 670 and have no issues.