ATI 5870 (MSI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

Use startup option "-x" for Safe mode

Again, I had exactly the same problem as you. I solved my problem by going back to MultiBeast 5.0.2 for everything except Audio.

I sudo deleted the /Extra folder and FakeSMC.kext in /S/L/E. Ran MB 5.0.2 and selected the usual, minus Audio. It completed successfully.

Then, I fixed the audio by editing my DSDT.aml to change the layout id to 1. I ran MultiBeast 5.1.1 and selected only Audio -> With DSDT-> Realtek 889 (889a in your case)

Completed successfully. I rebooted, selected the Internal Speakers in the Sounds Pref Panel.

Done.

I took the liberty of looking at your profile and downloaded the DSDT from the database for a P55-UD5 (F10). I edited line 6842 from:

0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Here is the result ->View attachment 35045

Bon Chance!

I have not had time to test FakeSMC.kext from MultiBeast 5.1.2 to see if it is compatible with my motherboard.
OMG !! Thanks a LOT I wonder where you guys learn how to do this things, my friends think I am good at CS but I feel like Forest Gump here ;)

I will try this tonight, however it remains a bit cryptic to me ...

So instead of using MultiBeast 5.1.2 you use an older version (5.0.2) and select the usual <= :) Anything is "usual" in this field ?
sudo deleted the extra folder ==>> Ok that is an easy one.

I have to had that my system not longer has a working mouse (pretty annoying under OSX) and self crash after a few minutes
a semi transluscent box tells me to shut down by keeping the button depressed ...

I just triied -x -v and got a panic error "no HPET on CPU7" still no mouse even if used a USB 2 PS2 plug

without mouse I cannot do much and I have this panic error ...

Anyway thanks a lot for you help I will try to figure it out from your clues.

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

Use startup option "-x" for Safe mode

Again, I had exactly the same problem as you. I solved my problem by going back to MultiBeast 5.0.2 for everything except Audio.

I sudo deleted the /Extra folder and FakeSMC.kext in /S/L/E. Ran MB 5.0.2 and selected the usual, minus Audio. It completed successfully.
------------------------------
*EDIT*

Usual MB 5.0.2= UserDSDT, Drivers->Disk->IOAHCIBlockStorage & 3rd Party eSata, Drivers->Network->Lnx2Mac, Customization->System Definitions->iMac->iMac11,1

For Audio & TRIM, use 5.1.1- NO UserDSDT. Drivers->Audio->Realtek->With DSDT->Realtek 889a, Drivers->Drivers->Disk->TRIM Enabler->10.8.1+ TRIM Patch

--------------------------------

Then, I fixed the audio by editing my DSDT.aml to change the layout id to 1. I ran MultiBeast 5.1.1 and selected only Audio -> With DSDT-> Realtek 889 (889a in your case)

Completed successfully. I rebooted, selected the Internal Speakers in the Sounds Pref Panel.

Done.

I took the liberty of looking at your profile and downloaded the DSDT from the database for a P55-UD5 (F10). I edited line 6842 from:

0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Here is the result ->View attachment 35045

Bon Chance!

I have not had time to test FakeSMC.kext from MultiBeast 5.1.2 to see if it is compatible with my motherboard.
Can you post your install.log from MultiBeast 5.1.1 for AppleHDA? In the log file it posts the status of patching your DSDT and I want to see the messages as it worked on patching the DSDT from the database for me.

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
./postinstall: DSDT.aml didn't have a valid layout-id to patch

View attachment 35105

I'm having reboot-on-wake problems with MB 5.1.x that I'm trying to debug, per my previous post #20 with the grabs of the Power Saver pref panels. I tried FakeSMC, and it isn't that. Nor is it com.apple.PowerManagement.plist. Can you point me to it?

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update:

Fudge. I borked the install of FakeSMC.kext by not sudo removing the one from 5.1.1

PackageKit: Skipping component "org.netkas.FakeSMC" (*-4.2.0-*-*) because the version 4.2.13-4.2.13-*-* is already installed at /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext.

After properly installing FakeSMC.kext from 5.0.2, no more reboot-on-wake-from-sleep, resolving the issue from post #20.

So, MB 5.1.x Bugs for P55 after clean install of 10.8.2+supp using UniBeast ML 1.5.3:

- Legacy USB blows up
- DSDT Audio layout_id
- FakeSMC.kext causes reboot-on-wake-from-sleep
- Permissions Cleanup View attachment 35118

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
ATI 5870 (MSI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
HelloLike stated in my previous edited post I am now stuck as I have no mouse working I cannot start terminal maybe I should try a limited boot without GUI ?Anyway after few Minutes my hackintosh crash by itself (even in failsafe mode) So I do not know how to proceed now without mouse and very little time before system crash Btw I never found MB 5.0.2 I only have 5.1.2, also should I add something at boot time regarding the fact that I have a radeon card (5870 from msi listed as compatible but maybe some boot time stuff to add ?Maybe I should redo a bare install then do the peppy op then the multibeast stuff with rebooting in between ?Many thanks to you guys

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

You need a UniBeast USB created with the "Legacy USB" option. You could try boot loading on this and then selecting your other boot disk, but I doubt that will get your mouse back.

Since you are fairly new to this I would recommend that you reinstall ML clean, if you are backed up. Erase the boot partition with Disk Utility and install 10.8.2. Use the UniBeast bootloader to boot your new ML installation. Put the edited DSDT on the desktop and run MB 5.1.2 with options:

UserDSDT
Drivers->Audio->Realtek->With DSDT->Realtek 889a
Drivers->Disk->IOAHCIBlockStorage & 3rd Party eSata (optional)
Drivers->Network->Lnx2Mac
Drivers->Drivers->Disk->TRIM Enabler->10.8.1+ TRIM Patch (if SSD Boot Drive)Customization->System Definitions->iMac->iMac11,1

This works well on my P55A-UD4P, and should work for you, except for sleep which you may not care about.

If you want to try and save your existing boot drive you can boot the UniBeast drive and use terminal to sudo remove and restore IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext.

Your video card is fine. If you have a problem with screen flashing, unplug/replug DVI and report.

Hope This Helps.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600 & R9 270X
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Thanks for your reply question. My system booted and ran fine, just not with the GT640 I wanted. My graphics card problem was solved by simply installing and running MultiBeast 5.1.1. I selected graphics enabler = no and I have a fully functioning GeForce GT640. I don't know why MultiBeast 5.1.0 or earlier versions did not work, but I won't "look a gift horse in he mouth". Now if I can only get sleep of ANY kind to work and get my hack to recognize my internal LG Blu-Ray drive, I will be a happy man. When I get those goals achieved, I mean to contribute to the site
I think your DVD/Blueray problem is "A valid DVD player not detected" and can't get eject key (F12) to work? . To Solve this problem you have to install edited AHCI 3rd party data kext. Install it using KextBeast.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
ATI 5870 (MSI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Chewbee,

You need a UniBeast USB created with the "Legacy USB" option. You could try boot loading on this and then selecting your other boot disk, but I doubt that will get your mouse back.

Hope This Helps.

Peppy thanks you are the king of the world ;) I did exactly as you wrote and it worked on the first try :)

This mail is written in Safari on my brand new Hackintsosh !!

However ;)

I still have questions If I wish to do some extra settings like boot 1080p or stuff like that
what should I do ?
Should I try them one at a time ?
is there a place to ask?
How could I discover before hand what will work and what il fail ?

AGAIN ... MANY THANKS FOR YOU HELP <<-- Yes I am shooting this is a marker of happiness ;)

Motherboard
P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
XFX 5850
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My recommendation: learn by trying.

Set up a spare drive for experimentation, and just go crazy. Would've been great to have had this before. Also, learn about "sparse bundles", custom SMBIOS, maybe even do a G5 case mod.

Enjoy yourself and support this forum. Become an iGeek and help the Noobs!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
ATI 5870 (MSI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My recommendation: learn by trying.

Set up a spare drive for experimentation, and just go crazy. Would've been great to have had this before. Also, learn about "sparse bundles", custom SMBIOS, maybe even do a G5 case mod.

Enjoy yourself and support this forum. Become an iGeek and help the Noobs!
Damm the sound is not working ...

no error but no sound ...
By looking the directory i found that :

Code:
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 System.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 AudioAUUC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 19 oct 19:47 Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 IOGraphicsFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 IONDRVSupport.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 IOPCIFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 19 oct 19:47 AppleBacklightExpert.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  7 oct 23:10 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  2 oct 03:58 AppleStorageDrivers.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  2 oct 03:54 IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  2 oct 03:54 IOHIDFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 28 sep 22:56 webcontentfilter.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 22 sep 12:23 FakeSMC.kext
October 19th 19:47 is the installation time, so maybe, I did not pick the right choices for audio in Peppy's messages ?

No I am worried to spoil everything (i installed Xcode an WOW) which both takes ages ...

When you do multibeast if you click only one thing it changes only this setting ?