Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among changes in MB 5: "Removed System Utilities" ... did I miss the memo as to why? Someone please enlighten me!

I'm puzzled! Can't find any explanation as to why it's been removed... We were supposed to basically ALWAYS do Repair Permissions, and now it's not there any more... what are we supposed to do?

Is MB now doing Permission repairs systematically without asking? Or are we supposed to do it manually in Disk Utilities???

Nobody seem to be bothered by this, I guess if your Hackintosh runs fine, then you don't worry, but if you have issues you start wondering whether the lack of Repair Permissions is the cause...

Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

You're talking about the following error during verbose boot? (taken from Console.app)
Code:
15.08.12 17:17:36,000 kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
I keep getting this error since my first install with Lion and Bridge Helper. It keeps showing up even on ML but I suspect it do be irrelevant since everything works fine.

Yeah I get the warning IOPlatform.... not the code part, but mine never boots.
I made a post under bugs, iNews helped get it booting, looks like chameleon is causing the problem...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeas...-3770k-unknown-cpu-model-0x3a.html#post420529

I'm getting a CPU unknown error. Any chance you could update the archives with newer versions of multibeast eg 5.0.1? (-I posted my issue in the lab.)
The last mbeast listed there is 4.5.2, and that didn't help. The multibeast listed a week ago worked fine -no luck with 5.0.2, now I'm stuck! (please and thank you)
MultiBeast 5.0.2 is reporting my i7-3770K correctly in Mountain Lion.

I Use

Asus P8P67 Pro (v.2103)
i5-2500
radeon 5770
sata2 HDDs

Is EasyBeast only way to Install in My ASUS board??

I Fail to Boot after UserDSDT installation with DSDT.aml (v.2013) again and again....

If I install with DSDT, Which check box should I Check on MultiBeast??

Thank U~!

You're talking about the following error during verbose boot? (taken from Console.app)
Code:
15.08.12 17:17:36,000 kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
I keep getting this error since my first install with Lion and Bridge Helper. It keeps showing up even on ML but I suspect it do be irrelevant since everything works fine.

This is happening to me. Console reports the same error kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a.

But I have an i5-3570K. Still reports the CPU in About This Mac.

Thank you so much!!!

MultiBeast 5.0.2 is reporting my i7-3770K correctly in Mountain Lion.
Since I'm not the only one getting this error although everything works (speedstep, power management, correct cpu in "about this mac") is there something we should try reapplying with MultiBeast 5? Since all I installed (besides the bootloader with a DSDT free install) was audio and lan could the error message's cause be an older version of Chimera? I originally installed with UniBeast 1.5.2 and MultiBeast 4.6.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back