Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

I had the same problem. Easy Solution: Remove FakeSMC.kext only (leave other kext, eg. Winbondx.kext) and install FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast 5.0. The obsolete files will be removed from Extensions. That worked for me. Seems that multibeast 5.0 removes the old kexts.

Maybe MacMan can confirm... But I believe Muiltbeast removes the other kexts that were installed in Extensions. When you upgrade to the version with the plugins embedded into the kext.

Installs ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kex and NuvotonNCT677x.kext FakeSMC plugins in /System/Library/Extensions.

UniBeast works great, but after installing MultiBeast 5.01 to the hard drive, the screen goes black during booting from the hard drive or the UniBeast thumb drive, even in safe mode - using Gigabyte EP-45UD3P and GeForce 9500GT video.

Just wondering, noticed the Boot Options for SSDT for i5/i7/overclocked are now labeled Sandy Bridge next to each vs Multibeast Lion options which were just labeled i5/i7/overclocked (no specificity of Sandy Bridge). Has there been a change here? Should none of these be selected if I have an Ivy Bridge processor?
A SSDT is not needed on Gigabyte Z77 boards using an Ivy Bridge CPU.

does this automatically install chimera, or is that an option???
thanks

nice nice nice nice nice nice ªplus i ve been waiting for this ever since ML came out!!! thanks people keep it up!!

Maybe MacMan can confirm... But I believe Muiltbeast removes the other kexts that were installed in Extensions. When you upgrade to the version with the plugins embedded into the kext.

Installs ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kex and NuvotonNCT677x.kext FakeSMC plugins in /System/Library/Extensions.
Yes, MultiBeast 5.0 removes any old FakeSM Plugins that were installed in /System/Library/Extensions when it's installing new plugins.

Thank You MacMan for confirming. Thank you to you and the TonyMacx86 Team for all your hard work! This site is the greatest!

what about the 6xxx FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back