Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Since I'm not the only one getting this error although everything works (speedstep, power management, correct cpu in "about this mac") is there something we should try reapplying with MultiBeast 5? Since all I installed (besides the bootloader with a DSDT free install) was audio and lan could the error message's cause be an older version of Chimera? I originally installed with UniBeast 1.5.2 and MultiBeast 4.6.1.

There is no smbios plist with Ivybridge support yet, thats why we got unknown cpu error but it is not effecting the performance in anyway. MacPro 3.1 is great right now if u dont need airplay to work.

Multibeast installation always fails. No matter what options chosen, install never completes always fails.
Tried with Multibeast 4.5.1 - succeeded.

5.0.2, always fails, can't boot after I use multi beast 5.0.2

After typing up another failed attempt status update on the multibeast bug page, one of my good brain cells fired off.
****My boot problem is fixed****
After that last post I realized the possibility where the problem lied.
Installing with a VGA connection on this board will work fine... until after the chameleon plist is installed... use only a dvi! (I'm waiting for the new 660ti and until then decided to use the hd4000 graphics)
Here's the run down ("The thing that separates a Genius from a Beggar is effort")
So... I have a Catleap Q270 monitor... which do not work with the on board dvi (dead beef error)
So I pulled out my old VGA monitor everything worked fine till after mbeast (lucky for me it had both ports), switching to the DVi port fixed this instantly.
Thanks everyone, and I apologize (like most problems user related).
Thought this was worth bring up incase someone else does this!

Great, thanks!!

Thank you, Tony.

For anyone who wants to use the integrated Intel HD 3000 of Gigabyte Z86-UD3H-B3 MB I put together below a list of steps that worked for me.

Configuration:
MB: GigaByte Z86-UD3H-B3 F10
Intel i5-2500K 3.4GHz
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 1.5TB
Everything works except sleep including restart and shutdown, USB 3.0, video with acceleration, audio, etc. (sleep not tested yet)

Gigabyte Z86-UD3H-B3 - Mountain Lion installation instructions

Used Multibeast 5.0.2

1. Set in BIOS "On-Chip Frame Buffer Size", located in the "Advanced BIOS Features"
2. Install Mountain Lion
3. Copy the entire Extra folder from Mountain Lion Unibeast USB stick to Extra folder on the HDD. If the files are not visible use: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" in the terminal and relaunch Finder
4. Remove AppleHDA and any HDAEnabler*.kext files from System/Library/Extensions
5. Use MultiBeast to select and install:
a. Network driver -> Realtek Gigabit
b. Themes -> Tony theme
c. Drivers & Bootloaders - Chimera 1.11.1
d. Customization -> System Definitions -> Mac Mini - this setting will enable the Apple Intel HD 3000 kexts to kick in and work with dual displays
e. Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC889
f. Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
g. Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party
h. Reboot

IMPORTANT! If the HDD you have installed OS X on requires sectors larger than 512 bytes (e.g. 4096 bytes sectors) you have to follow MacMan's instructions boot0 Error: The Official Thread to set up Chimera to boot. Otherwise you may end up with the boot0 error

i. Enjoy

NOTE 1: For an unknown reason, the 2nd display boots in 1024x768 resolution despite that the Intel HD 3000 and the monitor are identified correctly. I have changed that monitor's display frequency to 50Hz (PAL) and that did the trick. However, I understand quite a few people have this issue.

NOTE 2: Tony's DSDT for my MB F10 didn't work for me.

Aug 19 13:18:42 htpcblue.home installd[415]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “MultiBeast 5.0.2”." UserInfo=0x7fc5bd403e40 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/victoralmeida/Desktop/MultiBeast%205.0.2.pkg#multi-2.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.tonymacx86.MultiBeast.boot.generatestates.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “MultiBeast 5.0.2”.} {
NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cMultiBeast 5.0.2\U201d.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/victoralmeida/Desktop/MultiBeast%205.0.2.pkg#multi-2.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.MultiBeast.boot.generatestates.pkg";
}
I get installation failed when running m=Multibeast 5.0.2

Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Hi, from Australia

I am experiencing slow boot up times with Mountain Lion compared with Lion.
When I Boot Verbose mode I can see that it takes a long time to find "Got boot device =".

Is there any way of reducing this time delay?

CPU: Intel i7-2600K
Graphics: PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 5770
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-D3, BIOS ver. F3

Check this --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-tuning/66586-ssd-slow-boot-speed.html#post419975

Thank you! Apple and you have helped me improve my life!

Hi Tony, can I just install multibeast 5 over my current multibeast installation with the same options ticked? (on Mountain Lion 10.8) Or will I have to manually remove the older installation 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back