Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 4.6.1 Compatible with Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac Mini 2011
CPU
Intel Core i3-2105
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone confirm if MultiBeast 4.6.1 is compatible with Mountain Lion?

Also if the Sound Drivers etc from Lion should work with Mountain Lion?

I want to upgrade my Hackintosh Mac Mini :)

I'm not sure, I tried with my system with a fresh install of ML and after MultiBeast I ended up with a black screen. Don't know which kext it caused but ended up reinstalling without MultiBeast, I wait for an updated one with ML support, I recommend to wait.

except for that white screen while booting from usb and having to delete the ATI6000...kext, everything looks smooth so far.
Upgraded my existing Lion SSD and used the ML 4.6.1 with the DSDT and chose only sound and chimera upgrade, as networking was already working.

Also had to load the .kext I removed prior to install using the kextbeast.

Mountail lion and multibeast 4.6.1

Ok guys here s what s on this build:
lga775 ga 41mt dv3
intel e6600
ati 5670

I installed mountain lion on my previous lion partition everything went amazingly smooth!!
Sound works after reinstalling the proper kexts, QE/CI working, Network working without reinstalling any kexts.

I HAVE A QUESTION:
Does the usb3 works natively oob in any motherboard now that the new macbook pro has it ?

MultiBeast 4.6.1

Installed 10.8, seems to be noticeably snappier than 10.7.4. Used MB 4.6.1, got network working (somehow a NVidia program kept wanting to install when I chose Lynx2Mac's driver-cannot explain, tried multiple times), sound works.

Somehow the JMicronATA does not work in 10.8, my internal ATA cdrom drive does not show up (gets errors installing from 4.6.1, saying kext not installed properly). Also, kext migration does not work for me, tried installing three times.

Now need to test what programs need to be updated!

Thanks Peeps :)

This is what I will be installing:

file.php

Also selecting Trim Enabler and USB 3.0

Do you think it will be better to install things one-by-one to make see if they all work ok?

Ok guys here s what s on this build:
lga775 ga 41mt dv3
intel e6600
ati 5670

i installed ML and pretty much everything was working pretty good i had the internet without installing any kext however after i installed the usual stuffs from multi beast 4,6,1 the lan was nt working anymore i ve no idea why... and sound was nt working before and nor it was working after ... so i dont know.. i suppose we gotta still wait until here on tonymac they update the multi beast! anyone had the same experience?

Just a quick update
Now the Network works i just had to restart the modem couple of time and boot verbose.. now anyway it seems to work the audio instead is still dead trying to find out something!!

ALC889 on board!

tried everything and now succeded to have sound!!

I have no idea how that last sentence will help anyone having the same board you have. Would you mind sharing what you mean by trying everything? ;)

Build in Signature.

Everything is working fine so far. Have not tried any games to see if Nvidia support is any better, but did not have load Multibeast Nvidia drivers. 1920X1080 oob. Only thing that looks wrong on my build so far is that my drives look like externals. Used the same Multibeast settings I did in Lion and they looked like internals, something needs to be fixed there, otherwide it was a very smooth install. Scratch that, another slightly annoying thing is my boot times are very slow compared to Lion.

Scatch part about hard drives showing as externals, and slow boot. I just rebooted and everything seems fine now, how weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back