Sapphire 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've got a probable stupid question : is this useful to upgrade a Multibeast version to 4.1 if my computers runs already pretty well ? Will I gain some new features ?

Thank you

if your system is pretty well, what do you want Multibeast to do? break sth for you?

joke...

My advice is - If it ain't broke....

My week-old Lion 10.7.2 Unibeast / Multibeast (version prior to 4.1) was working "OK" with only very minor sleep/wake issues. Since I was still finalising my new hack, I thought it worthwhile running Multibeast 4.1 to update some drivers, bootloader, etc.

Unfortunately my computer is now unbootable, and the motherboard doesn't even reach BIOS settings screen. A CMOS reset on the board did reset the bios, but the behaviour remains.

What did I do? I backed up and deleted my /Extra folder then ran Multibeast with only "User DSDT" checked for maximum safety, with the intention of adding additional options on subsequent boots in order to only select the minimum necessary.

Upon reboot, at Lion logon screen, get a KP after 4 secs or so. Restarted and same, KP after few secs on logon page.

Decided to reinstall OS X via Unibeast Lion 10.7.2 USB installer, but computer did not reach the stage where I could instigate boot menu to choose USB - it rebooted during POST. And now only does same:

Power On > Fans spin, mobo LEDs light (for 2 secs only) > Powers down > Automatically restarts after 2 secs, proceeds through CPU identification, RAM identification, responds to DEL for Bios ("Preparing to enter BIOS" or similar) > Powers down > Automatically restarts after 2 secs, etc., etc

As stated, CMOS reset hasn't helped, and have removed all drives, video card, USB devices, etc.

I'm fairly experienced in building computers and this is my third hackintosh. I'm surprised this has occurred because I have not experienced anything remotely like this before.

Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Motherboard (v1.0, bios v11)
Intel i5-2500K Core i5
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Corsair 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3

Am replacing the mobo, and will start again. Fingers crossed.

I've got a similar prob.

I did an upgrade from SL to 10.7.2 with unibeast, and all went well. I then decided to format the HDD and do a vanilla install.

Had everything running (just multi DSDT and reboot, no ethernet) and decided to copy all of my content over from an EX HDD.

had around 2 hours of copying to do so i went out for the night, checked in the morning, whole system is off, and when it gets to the apple screen i get the "No smoking" circle with the line through it.

BIOS recognizes both my HDD and DVD-r, yet disk utility via unibeast doesn't even acknowledge their existence.

Any ideas?

GA-P55A-UD3 w/ i5 chip, nVIDIA GT 240 Video.

Cheers

CW

Will this new Multibeast fix a problem I seem to be having with my BIOS settings where I start to see some graphics glitches and I go into BIOS and several things are back to a previous version. It is set back to IDE instead of AHCI, 69 MB instead of 480 MB for video, etc. Does this new feature "Added AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset to UserDSDT" address this problem or am I just not doing something correctly?

My build is recent, using unibeast and Multibeast 4.1

Thanks for any words of wisdom anyone can provide.

Did some more reading and found this problem to be consistent with others and this new MB should cover it. I admit that I am not experienced with most of these processes and approach them all with some apprehension. I am, however, appreciating my significant learnings and am growing more and more confident all the time. What's the worst that can happen, right? I'm backing up now and will run the new MB and see what happens :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back