Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 4.0.2: Lion Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and running! Better than ever. Sweet dsdt for my x58. looks like everything's up.

nicomac said:
hello all works fine here!
one thing, i must delete the old sata drivers??
Yes, delete JMicron36xSATA or JMicron36xeSATA if you are using the new AHCI_3rdParty kexts.

Now if I could only keep it working AFTER i shut the case.

i chose the 64 bit apple screen during boot...could that be causing an, occasional freeze at boot on this screen? Is the 64 bit screen, just that? only the screen? if i pick the 32 bit screen, will that change anything regarding Lion?

I have a working 2x24" setup with Multibeast 4.0.2, HDMI+DVI, awesomeness!!!

user137 said:
user137 said:
found the problem - the Motherboard analog DSub output stopped working with smbios.plist as Mac Mini, but the HDMI and the DVI both work now on full resolution! Now I need to get QE/CI working. my device ID is reported as 126, whereas the 2500K is 112. I will try to edit my DSDT and revert.

Seems it's no problem with MultiBeast after all :thumbup:

Now I gave it a "proper" go with all necessary options I need, used the DSDT from the database - but the machine was autodetected as a MacPro3,1 (early 2008), and now only a single DVI output works. The bigger problem is that I don't get QE/CI and my Graphics ID is detected as 0x0126, whereas the 2500K's device ID should be 112. Can anyone point me to the proper way to solve this?

it turns out I'm a noobie to Lion. I turned dashboard back the old way it now I can see that I HAVE QE/CI after all. :thumbup:
thanks for the great work Tony and MacMac :clap:

The only remaining thing is that the machine does not wake properly from sleep. it wakes if I keep pressing the keyboard until it comes back - otherwise it "snoozes back" to a shutdown-like state all over again. very weird, it seems the USB makes it tick... ?! :shifty:

this is the GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F3 DSDT from the database - how could I make this perfect so that the machine wakes with a single mouseclick?

user137 said:
this is the GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F3 DSDT from the database - how could I make this perfect so that the machine wakes with a single mouseclick?

- Wait until Apple fixes sleep/wake (official Macs have problems too)
- Wait for new USB3 drivers that don't have problems
- Wait for proper patches to existing USB3 drivers
- Wait until somebody figures out the DSDT Hacks Lion needs

If you find another solution, please share. I have the same problem on my H67MA-UD2H-D3.

defix said:
I have the same problem on my H67MA-UD2H-D3.

I'm new to Lion - but anyhow, thanks for the confirmation! :wave:
have you tried this with the DSDT autopatcher maybe? that was my second thought, but I didn't go that far just yet.

No, I haven't gone that far yet, either. I don't need sleep that much since Lion boots plenty fast from SSD, and I don't need the headache of nested A/B testing all the edit permutations (DSDT, USB3, AppleRTC [original, patched, SL]), since 10.7.2 is right around the corner and might change the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back