Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 2.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
teapot said:
Is it possible to apply framebuffer to the specific GPU? I have two cards with different framebuffers (Hoolock and Vervet). I can only run on card at the time...

Thanks!

MacMan said:
The Kabyl version of Chameleon is the same as what he posted on insanely.

All you need to do is install the MacPro5,1 smbios in MultiBeast, nothing else.
No, Kabyl's experimental version of Chameleon only supports one card.

Thanks MacMan. Just to clear this up - if I had two identical cards - would it work?

MacMan said:

teapot said:
Thanks MacMan. Just to clear this up - if I had two identical cards - would it work?

MacMan said:
Don't know it it works with ATI cards as I've never heard of anyone trying it. It has been done with NVIDIA cards and requires a DSDT edit to support both cards.

Thanks MacMan. I did not expect that there is a hassle to get two identical video cards working... That's sucks as I need 3 monitors setup. Oh well...

MacMan said:
teapot said:

MacMan said:
Don't know it it works with ATI cards as I've never heard of anyone trying it. It has been done with NVIDIA cards and requires a DSDT edit to support both cards.

5770 has been shown to work with 3 mointors on one card.

Please see the first page of the Kabyl boot thread on Insaneley

teapot said:
Thanks MacMan. I did not expect that there is a hassle to get two identical video cards working... That's sucks as I need 3 monitors setup. Oh well...

Yes - I have seen that on the Kabyl's thread. The difference is that I have two 27' Apple LED Cinema Displays connected to two mini display ports on Apple ATI 5770 card. I want also to connect my Dell 24 using DVI as a third display. For that I need a second video card. Before I pull the trigger for second Apple 5770 card I want to make sure that we can use two identical cards in hackintoshes...

notshy said:
5770 has been shown to work with 3 mointors on one card.

Please see the first page of the Kabyl boot thread on Insaneley

teapot said:

Would the MSI HD 5670 work with this version of MultiBeast?
What options would i need to tick under advanced?

Cheers

Benny

amkrisis said:
Would the MSI HD 5670 work with this version of MultiBeast?
What options would i need to tick under advanced?

Cheers

Benny
You need to use Chameleon RC5- ATI Experimental.

Delighted - many thanks to Sudds for help in supplying appropriate DSDT.aml for my board.
I can report a successful 64 bit install of 10.6.5 using Multibeast 2.5.1 and iBoot 2.5.2 on my EP45-UD3LR - Q6600 - Radeon HD5770.

Previously always had to use 32bit so with Kabyl and a big helping hand from Sudds am now 64bit. :thumbup: :headbang: :clap:

MacMan, I have a UD3R i7-950 system very similar to your build. Do you recommend the MacPro 4,1 or 5,1 and why? I've got the 5,1 running fine now, but curious if things would be any better with 4,1.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back