Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 2.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
laguna1212 said:
Got my 5770 working in 64bit too. But I didn't remove ATY_init. Strange.

Is recommend moving it to your trash using finder and then repairing permissions. You don't want random kexts sitting in S/L/E giving you troubles down the line

I have tried installing several times selecting only Easybeast and the issue remains.

the_gael said:
I have a problem with the latest Multibeast on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR.

I can install Snow Leopard but after upgrade to 10.6.5 and Multibeast config regardless of whether I install using Easybeast or whether I selectively install various kexts and options my system halts at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start - waitFor Service(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

I have subsequently re-applied the 10.6.5 Combo Update and then reinstalled NullCPUPowerManagement but i get the same result.

I would like to use a DSDT file but I can't find one that works for my v.1.0 board with latest F11 bios (tried the one from Kexts.com but it KP's every time for me)

I can boot into Snow Leopard fine using iBoot 2.5.2

Edited to add:
I have removed the Overclock while I am troubleshooting and just 1 HDD installed

Looks as if my issue was caused by a corrupt download - I have just built successfully from a fresh download - I have noticed some issues with not waking from sleep though so will keep testing.

the_gael said:
I have tried installing several times selecting only Easybeast and the issue remains.

[quote="the_gael":36kj25ls]I have a problem with the latest Multibeast on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR.

I can install Snow Leopard but after upgrade to 10.6.5 and Multibeast config regardless of whether I install using Easybeast or whether I selectively install various kexts and options my system halts at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start - waitFor Service(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

I have subsequently re-applied the 10.6.5 Combo Update and then reinstalled NullCPUPowerManagement but i get the same result.

I would like to use a DSDT file but I can't find one that works for my v.1.0 board with latest F11 bios (tried the one from Kexts.com but it KP's every time for me)

I can boot into Snow Leopard fine using iBoot 2.5.2

Edited to add:
I have removed the Overclock while I am troubleshooting and just 1 HDD installed
[/quote:36kj25ls]

vindoan said:
Thanks,

Got my ATI 5870 working with the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental included in this Multibeast.

- Removed ATY_init
- In Multibeast
-- Chamleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
-- Graphics Enabler Yes in com.apple.....

Same for me... I'm finally able to boot in 64-bit mode with my 5870. Thanks TonyMac & MacMan.

I was hoping Tony or Macman could answer a couple of questions for me. I currently use a kabyl boot file + the ROM file from my 5770 in /Extra to get my hack running smoothly (with the correct output on DVI *finally*) under 10.6.5. I saw that an Experimental ATI chameleon booter is available and that Kabyl authored it. Does this method require me to continue having my ROM file in /Extra? Also, what version of Chameleon does he use? rxxx?

And second, I'd like to try out the Macpro5,1 smbios.plist without using Multibeast again, so I know where the error occurs if I mess things up (IE: I know that by reverting back to my 4,1smbios.plist file via iBoot disk that I'll be able to recover my system easily). Can you post the contents of smbios.plist somewhere so that I can manually edit the file on my own (I've already done my own tweaking of this file a few times, and am familiar with most of the information in it. What I don't have is the SMserial, but I have everything else.
(Does the SMUUID have to be specific to my machine or to the information on a real Macpro 5,1?) Thanks guys!

J

Jdutch101 said:
I was hoping Tony or Macman could answer a couple of questions for me. I currently use a kabyl boot file + the ROM file from my 5770 in /Extra to get my hack running smoothly (with the correct output on DVI *finally*) under 10.6.5. I saw that an Experimental ATI chameleon booter is available and that Kabyl authored it. Does this method require me to continue having my ROM file in /Extra? Also, what version of Chameleon does he use? rxxx?

And second, I'd like to try out the Macpro5,1 smbios.plist without using Multibeast again, so I know where the error occurs if I mess things up (IE: I know that by reverting back to my 4,1smbios.plist file via iBoot disk that I'll be able to recover my system easily). Can you post the contents of smbios.plist somewhere so that I can manually edit the file on my own (I've already done my own tweaking of this file a few times, and am familiar with most of the information in it. What I don't have is the SMserial, but I have everything else.
(Does the SMUUID have to be specific to my machine or to the information on a real Macpro 5,1?) Thanks guys!

J
The Kabyl version of Chameleon is the same as what he posted on insanely.

All you need to do is install the MacPro5,1 smbios in MultiBeast, nothing else.

Smbios MacPro 5.1 took my CPU Power to Almost Half.....No good at all

Just a quick one guys what shall i enable in smbios to make my system run better/more efficent.

64bit ?

mac 3.1pro ?

Which ones for me I hope you can help as I try assist other people on the forum with knowledge I have obtained.

iWingzero said:
Just a quick one guys what shall i enable in smbios to make my system run better/more efficent.

64bit ?

mac 3.1pro ?

Which ones for me I hope you can help as I try assist other people on the forum with knowledge I have obtained.
Self post

I've found out what you've all to do for the Macpro 3.1 etc

If you look here at the table bout half way done page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Pro

The table and Macpro numbers + CPU's

For example everyone with a core 2/quad (nonei7/i5/i3) should use mac pro 3,1 as it supports that.

For i7 people 4,1 should work fine for you and possibly 5,1 however I haven't tested i am going to do in the next 2 hours when I get home from work.

Hope this is useful for you!

Is it possible to apply framebuffer to the specific GPU? I have two cards with different framebuffers (Hoolock and Vervet). I can only run on card at the time...

Thanks!

MacMan said:
The Kabyl version of Chameleon is the same as what he posted on insanely.

All you need to do is install the MacPro5,1 smbios in MultiBeast, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back