1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Download MultiBeast Here

Please do not upload or redistribute MultiBeast to any other sites.

2.5.1 Released 2010-11-21

Visible Changes:

• - Added Auto-Detect CPU to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> iMac11,1
    - Added Auto-Detect CPU to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro3,1
    - Added Auto-Detect CPU to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro4,1
    - Added Auto-Detect CPU to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro5,1

Internal Changes:

• - Fixed all of the incorrect smbios.plist choices
    - Fixed all Mac Pro smbios.plists to have valid system-identifiers for each model serial number
    - Changed EasyBeast smbios.plist to MacPro3,1 Auto-Detect CPU
    - Changed UserDSDT smbios.plist to MacPro3,1 Auto-Detect CPU

2.5.0 Released 2010-11-20

Visible Changes:

• - Updated Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease to RC5 r643 for Fermi based card support
    - Added Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental by Kabyl in Advanced Options -> Chameleon
    - Added ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.5 to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI
    - Changed Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro to a menu
    - Moved existing MacPro4,1 smbios.plists to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro4,1
    - Added MacPro3,1 smbios.plists to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro3,1
    - Added MacPro5,1 smbios.plisst to Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> MacPro5,1

Re: MultiBeast 2.5.0

Nice !!!! What is the difference in Between Macpro 3.1 / 4.1 / 5.1 ??
More performance ? Better Graphics support ? More ---- ???

What is this ATI 48xx patch ?

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out. I don't need it... but thanks anyway.

I'm putting together a new build and want to be certain I'm setting the Multibeast install options correctly and I'm hoping someone can tell me if i have them right or wrong.

System is:
-GA-P55-USB3 version 1 with latest bios MB
-i5 750 CPU
-4 Gig memory to start
-Currently EVGA 210 Graphic Card waiting for Gigabyte GTX 465 to come in

I've used the new iBoot disc to give me USB functionality with 10.6.5 and it works fine.

This is what I'm planning to set for Multibeast based on the post I've read and if anyone please would, let me know if this sounds right

Sytem Utilities
Rebuild Caches
Repair Permissions

Advanced Options
Audio
Legacy HDA - ALC 888
HDA Enabler - ALC 888
Apple HDA Rollback 10.6.2

Graphics
NV Enabler

Misc
USB Rollback

Chameleon
2.0 RC5

Com apple.boot.plist
64 bit graphic enabler=no

Sybios.plist
Mac Pro 5.1 - i5

OSX86 Software
(selected all to install)

If i can get this right then i will install the latest Realtek driver and the new TonyMacx86 Nvidia update.

If MacMan or any of the other really helpful people on this site could let me know if i have this right, left out anything, will louse up the sytem with some of these settings, etc., i would really appreciate it. I'm just going to let the machine sit with Multibeast ready to go until someone can help.

After I get this part right i'll need to make it boot correctly because it is dual boot OSX and Windows 7 using the dual boot guide.

Thanks

VideoLasVegas said:
I'm putting together a new build and want to be certain I'm setting the Multibeast install options correctly and I'm hoping someone can tell me if i have them right or wrong.

System is:
-GA-P55-USB3 version 1 with latest bios MB
-i5 750 CPU
-4 Gig memory to start
-Currently EVGA 210 Graphic Card waiting for Gigabyte GTX 465 to come in

I've used the new iBoot disc to give me USB functionality with 10.6.5 and it works fine.

This is what I'm planning to set for Multibeast based on the post I've read and if anyone please would, let me know if this sounds right

Sytem Utilities
Rebuild Caches
Repair Permissions

Advanced Options
Audio
Legacy HDA - ALC 888
HDA Enabler - ALC 888
Apple HDA Rollback 10.6.2

Graphics
NV Enabler

Misc
USB Rollback

Chameleon
2.0 RC5

Com apple.boot.plist
64 bit graphic enabler=no

Sybios.plist
Mac Pro 5.1 - i5

OSX86 Software
(selected all to install)

If i can get this right then i will install the latest Realtek driver and the new TonyMacx86 Nvidia update.

If MacMan or any of the other really helpful people on this site could let me know if i have this right, left out anything, will louse up the sytem with some of these settings, etc., i would really appreciate it. I'm just going to let the machine sit with Multibeast ready to go until someone can help.

After I get this part right i'll need to make it boot correctly because it is dual boot OSX and Windows 7 using the dual boot guide.

Thanks
You are missing either EasyBest or UserDSDT. With either of them you don't need USB Rollback.

You don't need Apple HDA Rollback 10.6.2, Legacy HDA - ALC 888 already contains it.

If you use a DSDT you don't need HDA Enabler - ALC 888

Everything seems to work, however in 'Graphics/Displays' the GTX470 is now unknown with 0 mb of ram, whereas RC5 619 displays this correctly.

Oh, and the yellow icons are gone, thanks !

MacPro3,1 / 4,1 / 5,1
Hmmm.... just curious bout its difference...

Downloading now !

MultiBeast 2.5.0 ,Strange Smbios..

Hi everything works fine except... when i add in the Smbios , Macpro 4.1 or 3.1 or 5.1 , in System profiler shows as a Imac 11.1 , and i really need my hack to be 3.1 because otherwise i got CPU Spikes in a certain Audio Software [ Digital Performer 7.12 ] thnx !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back