RX 580
Hi,

I’ve installed Mojave 14.4.5 on the following configuration :

Gigabyte z390 m Gaming i5@9600K
16g Balistix @2400mHz
Sapphire RX 580 NITRO++ SE 8G

I used UniBeast 9.2.0 for my USB boot.
Installation went more or less okay.

Problems started to appear with the nvram. My mobo doesn’t have any nvram, I didn’t know it.

I went trough the process of upgrading Clover on my SSD/EFI (as opposite to my USB stick) using Multibeast 11.3.0 and the UEFI+nvram emulation (i’ll update this thread with more details install.log and list of UEFIdrivers etc when I’ll be home later tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry about that).

I kept encountering the following error messages at boot with various boot arguments (slide=0 didn’t help)
Code:
ERROR ALLOCATING #### pages at ######## alloc type 2

So after literally days of getting crazy about it I found out via another thread that all that was needed is to set the SIP properly in clover .plist

Code:
CsrActiveConfig=067

Maybe this should be edited in Multibeast default clover plist when using nvram emulation settings.

I’ll update this post with more details later.

Closed, not a bug as the MultiBeast defaults work correctly.
o_O
Well, clover nvram emulation doesn’t work with Multibeast default settings...

I think it’s misleading to even add the nvram emulation in Multibeast as an option then (if it’s not meant to be working).

What I’m trying to tell you here is that with the default clover.plist generated by Multibeast, Multibeast’s nvram emulation (using multibeast default nvram emulation drivers, OSXaptiofixv3, if I’m not mistaking) the nvram emulation is broken because of a wrong SIP argument.

Anyway, I have no further interest reporting this TBH so I’ll let it be from now on...
Enjoy:wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back