Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’m not sure how to word this first question but here goes; can I run MultiBeast more than once on the same build? What I’m getting at is can I run the usual MultiBeast to install the bootloader, etc. then can I run MultiBeast again later to install a single item such as an audio driver? Also, if I decide to install a different audio driver later, what will happen to the first audio driver that I had previously installed?
Second question; do I have to use the System Definition that MultiBeast defaults to or can I change it to whatever I want?
Also, if anyone can direct me to a place that explains or answers these questions, I would be most grateful.
I want to give a SHOUT-OUT to tonymacx86.com and all of the members who have been so helpful in the past. This is my third Hackintosh build done via Tonymac and I could not have done it without your help, thanks.
These are the specs for my current build in progress:
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600K
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
RAM - G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000
Boot Drive – 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M.2 V-NAND with m.2 to PCI-E adapter.

I’m not sure how to word this first question but here goes; can I run MultiBeast more than once on the same build? What I’m getting at is can I run the usual MultiBeast to install the bootloader, etc. then can I run MultiBeast again later to install a single item such as an audio driver? Also, if I decide to install a different audio driver later, what will happen to the first audio driver that I had previously installed?
Second question; do I have to use the System Definition that MultiBeast defaults to or can I change it to whatever I want?
Also, if anyone can direct me to a place that explains or answers these questions, I would be most grateful.
I want to give a SHOUT-OUT to tonymacx86.com and all of the members who have been so helpful in the past. This is my third Hackintosh build done via Tonymac and I could not have done it without your help, thanks.
These are the specs for my current build in progress:
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600K
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
RAM - G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000
Boot Drive – 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M.2 V-NAND with m.2 to PCI-E adapter.

Hi there.

Okay to answer your questions -

1) Yes, you can use MultiBeast more than once. Bear in mind though that it does more than one thing. Besides adding a bootloader it can add a driver (kext etc), it can patch a driver and it can edit a configuration. In the example you mention, you might have more than one audio interface so MultiBeast will only do what you tell it to. Now if that is adding a driver, you then have two or more drivers installed because the original is left. However if a patch or edit is needed instead, any new patch could overwrite a previously installed one leaving just the one driver configured correctly.

2) Yes you can change your System Definition to any you like, but it makes sense to choose one with components close to your own. There are also a few 'sweet spots', catch-alls, almost generics if you like, which prove reliable across different machines. However, take care, changing a SysDef also changes your serial numbers, UUID's and board ID. This can have ramifications. A good idea is to do testing while off-line so Apple doesn't go locking your iCloud account. Once you are happy and set up, you can actually re-use your old serial-number.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back