Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250M Gaming Pro
CPU
i5 7500
Graphics
RX 480/HD630
I tried Multibeast 10.2 on a High Sierra 10.13.3 installation.
Motherboard: MSI B250M Gaming Pro
CPU: Intel i5-7500
RAM: 16 GB
Type: iMac 14,2

Multibeast setup:

QuickStart
UEFI Boot Mode​
Drivers
Realtek ALCxxx> 100/200/300 Series Audio Support
Misc> FakeSMC
Network>Intel>IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
USB>Increase Max Port Limit​
Bootloaders
Clover UEFI Boot Mode​
Customize
Graphics Configuration>Intel HD 6xx
Graphics Configuration>Intel Graphics Fixup
System Definitions>iMac 14,2
Following the guide I then save my settings and hit [Build]

Result: The installation failed.
Multibeast.log:

03/16/18 23:50:57 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
03/16/18 23:52:03 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode'
03/16/18 23:52:06 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4359-UEFI.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4359 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.
03/17/18 00:09:45 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217

This is the initial run following a fresh/clean install onto an SSD. The drive was formatted and erased to HFS+ (prior to starting the installation) and the Unibeast install appears to have successfully migrated the drive to APFS (I just left everything run through as standard etc.)

Richy.

Attachments

• B250M Log Files.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 243
Apologies for the delayed response - I wasn't in Safe Mode and believed I had the drive partitioned correctly;

However after attempting the process from the start once more I noticed that the errors seemed to be stemming from being unable to write to SSD and specifically APFS restrictions etc.
Somewhere along my initial setup I clearly hadn't correctly completed the config of the drive for APFS and certainly during my second attempt, hadn't cleanly formatted the drive correctly (failed to grasp the new instances/volumes process and had 'ghost' copies of the drive showing in Finder)

After properly reading up on APFS and successfully formatting the drives back to HFS+ I'm pleased to say that 3rd time around is the charm...! I now have a functioning boot drive and been able to successfully upgrade & configure the settings with MultiBeast & Clover Config etc.

I think the APFS is likely beneficial to my usage, but I'll look at that seperately a little down the line once I'm happy that the workstation is stable etc.

Appreciate your time.

Many thanks,

Richy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back