Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this topic has been very fascinating to me. Having Windows 8 do a seamless job of one giant wallpaper, I wanted the same in OS X. I looked around and didn't find anything. I have found some wallpapers that I added to my collection of backgrounds I liked. But when I thought of doing the same thing in OS X- I had to basically take the original image I obtained in Windows 8 - photoshopped them and created individual screens of the original image. I have also created quite a few of them now and they change in sync. I have 3 beautiful monitors that don't do the pictures justice and I'm very happy with the outcome now.

Monitors are: 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema monitors and in the middle I have 1 x 24" Apple Cinema display (display port) all driven by my 660ti. I love the way it is now. All running 1920 x 1200 so giving me 5760 x 1200. I can make these available if anyone is interested. I have added some cell phone pics - doesn't do it justice.

Let me know what you guys think. I have been trying to track down 4K images which look incredible. Only have 1 right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 1,164
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 1,591
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 1,640
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 3,951
Try these out to start. I have quite a few of these wallpapers that I have put together but their size is quite big. I'm looking for a place to host the files. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Hope they work out for you.

Monty

Attachments

• Trainstation1 copy.jpg
    Trainstation1 copy.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 489
  • Trainstation2 copy.jpg
    Trainstation2 copy.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 692
  • Trainstation3 copy.jpg
    Trainstation3 copy.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 546
  • Yoda3 copy.jpg
    Yoda3 copy.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 3,038
  • Yoda2 copy.jpg
    Yoda2 copy.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 768
  • Yoda1 copy.jpg
    Yoda1 copy.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 910
Nice! I like the trainyard one. Looks good with my setup (just two monitors.)

Monty, it'd be great if you can share more of these. I'm one that likes to change my wallpapers a lot, but it's difficult to find good dual-monitor setups.

There are all kinds of file-sharing options, but I like Box.com a lot. They give you 5GB of free storage (I joined when they were giving away 50GB lifetime accounts) and you can link to files/images stored there. I think Dropbox and Sugarsync have similar. Otherwise, there's image hosting sites like imageshack, photobucket, flickr, etc.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the green light on the zip file. Here is my collection thus far. They have been optimized for resolution and size. There are 19 so far but I will keep adding to this thread as I keep collecting. This is a very small contribution to a wonderful community that has helped me so much.

Included: 2x tron, Yoda, resistance, Starcraft, WOW, Battlecruiser, Dragon, Nvidia, Skyline 2x, Battlefield 3, Dock, Array, Z06.

Hope you guys like them. Not my original work - just my editing and cropping.

Enjoy in good health!!

Monty

View attachment OSX EXT Wallpaper.zip

Thank 007:clap:
Just setting up 3 monitors so cool!!!

Thanks for the download. Very Cool!

I have been using 3 screens for some time now the extra screen space is really handy and monitors are so cheap there is literally no reason to be cramped anymore.

Unfortunately windows or at least the drivers in windohs seem to handle multi monitors much effectively there is no eyefinity or surround options in osx. But if you want the same kinda features for your wallpaper at least on OSX then I'd recommend getting a copy of Multi Monitor wallpaper...

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/multi-monitor-wallpaper/id504284434?mt=12

Which allows you to use any image, you can scale and move and resize across all your screens, you can also set up where the screens are etc so you can even adjust for bezel compensation etc. Its only a couple of pounds or a few dollars, and it means you don't have to spend time in photoshop adjusting or cropping up images. :)

If you want a free option there is Multiscape but I don't think its as good as Multi Monitor...

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Wallpapers/Trencheny-MultiScape.shtml

I also made a folder of my multi monitor wallpapers and then made an applescript to work on a hot key, so when I'm bored of one I just hit the key and bang onto the next one ;) My script is in the support section of the Hobbyist forum for MMW and I see that someone has made a more eloquent version that works on 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back