Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170 Gaming K3
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Howdy Folks,

Running clover with dual boot hackintosh, recently started using a 5 screen setup (overkill I know)
Unfortunately my graphics card (EVGA 1060) only supports 4 monitors
So in order to run all 5 I have one connected to the iGPU (motherboard out) with the other 4 running off the GPU.
Once I enabled this in BIOS it works on Windows, all 5 monitors, however on OSX only the GPU connected monitors display (the 1 mobo connected screen doesn't (interestingly enough if you set this monitor as the main monitor in BIOS it will display the apple logo with loading bar, and freeze on this permanently when the OS loads it switches to the 4 monitors but leaves that one with the loading screen))

So my question is, can I get multiple GPUs to work on OSX?

Thanks!!

A real Mac with a Discrete GPU uses the IGPU for additional Compute processes not for connecting a display.

So the question I would ask is 'Do you have your IGPU set to run 'Headless' in macOS?'

i.e. IGPU is Enabled in your bios, but set with an 'empty/dummy' ig-platform-id, so no displays are set to run from the IGPU, as would be the case for a real Mac with a dGPU.

I would recommend you have a read of this FAQ for Intel HD graphics and WhateverGreen.kext - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back