GA-P55M-UD2; Lenovo 50-70 laptop
CPU
Desktop i5 : Lenovo i7
Graphics
G9440
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I had Win10 installed in my laptop before start with my Hackintosh project.
I had removed the win10 SSD disk and replaced by the old HDD to install Catalina.

now that Catalina is kind off working, I want to have both HD working and been able to boot both OS.

I have planned to buy a CDrom/DVD caddy adapter, but for the moment I would like to do it with an external USB box.

a) I have connected the USB drive (with Win10), and booted from BIOS selecting USB, but don't boot.
b) I have tried booting from clover installed in main hard disk (inside the laptop). Win option has appears, but not able to bot Windows

taking into account that Windows was installed before (in a separate disk), is there something I need to do?

Idont mind for now to select the Boot option in Bios (F12). is it better to have Windows inside Laptop and Mac+Clover int the uSB drive?

any suggestion?

Hi,

finally I have received my Caddy adapter so I have done my test. But there is something that I don’t understand.

find my setup

- SSD installed internal with Windows 10
- HDD in caddy adapter with Catalina + clo

Bios Boot order: SSD, HDD
Booting by default, windows boot fine.
Booting selecting F12 and HDD, Catarina boot fine through Clover

in order to avoid click on F12 on boot proceed, I have changed bios setup to HDD, SSD
Booting by default, clover is boot fine, but after select Catalina drive, it hangs on some part of boot process. Just after display +++++++++++++++++++++

in my opinion, selecting Mac drive with F12 boot menu, or setting to boot directly the same HDD from bios setup should be the same.
why is the difference ?
is there something to boot properly without need to click on F12?

For laptop advice is best to post in the Laptop forum.
Things to consider - generation of hardware/CPU
Legacy BIOS or UEFI
Does BIOS/UEFI support booting from CD/DVD drive (remember you are connecting your HDD to the DVD input port - is it SATA?

For laptop advice is best to post in the Laptop forum.
Things to consider - generation of hardware/CPU
Legacy BIOS or UEFI
Does BIOS/UEFI support booting from CD/DVD drive (remember you are connecting your HDD to the DVD input port - is it SATA?

Is DVD SATA? This is a good question. I need to investigate.
anyway, I don't see the issue id it is SATA because is able to boot choosing this drive through F12.

I will try to get this info to be taken into account
Thanks

Is DVD SATA? This is a good question. I need to investigate.
anyway, I don't see the issue id it is SATA because is able to boot choosing this drive through F12.

I will try to get this info to be taken into account
Thanks

yes, HDD connected through DvD adapter use SaTA port

yes, HDD connected through DvD adapter use SaTA port
Are you able in the BIOS to set the DVD port HDD as first in BBS boot order?

Are you able in the BIOS to set the DVD port HDD as first in BBS boot order?

Yes, I am able.

the `problem is that with this setup my Clover/Mac boot freeze during the Mac start up process (just after the lines with +++++++++++++++++++)

this not made sense for me. I need to change something in my DSDT or other file if DVD port is set first in boot order

Best then to post in the laptop forum for the OS version you are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back