Contribute
Register

.:: Multi-Boot Tips & Tricks ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, anyone knows how to modify *.efi files? I enabled Bit-locker in Windows 8.1 which created a new recovery partition. Now Kali Linux won't boot. It seems it is because of change in partitions which causes bootloader to lose the Linux target partition for boot.

i have created this reg file to quickly setup time sync between mac and windows.

A better one would be one that doesn't mess with the timezone/other settings:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:1

A better one would be one that doesn't mess with the timezone/other settings:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:1

updated

Attachments

• timesync v2.zip
    342 bytes · Views: 107
For multi-boot using Chameleon/Chimera: http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/

[/url]

I am trying to setup a triple boot: to append my dual boot OSX/Windows with a Linux boot.
Disk0: OSX + Chameleon
Disk1: Windows 7
Disk2: Ubuntu 14.04

Following the guide from the link.
Each time I partition the Linux ext4, gptsync tells me afterwards the partition is unknown and therefore it can not proceed.

The Linux works perfect after installation and I can boot from disk2 by selecting the disk in BIOS but of course Chameleon is not able to identify it and diskutil gives me the UUID of the partiton as type.

Any idea is welcome

I am trying to setup a triple boot: to append my dual boot OSX/Windows with a Linux boot.
Disk0: OSX + Chameleon
Disk1: Windows 7
Disk2: Ubuntu 14.04

Following the guide from the link.
Each time I partition the Linux ext4, gptsync tells me afterwards the partition is unknown and therefore it can not proceed.

The Linux works perfect after installation and I can boot from disk2 by selecting the disk in BIOS but of course Chameleon is not able to identify it and diskutil gives me the UUID of the partiton as type.

Any idea is welcome

Could be an issue with the version of gptsync you're using.

Or an issue with the version of Linux. I was using 12.04LTS at the time.

Note: You can also use gdisk although it is a bit more advanced...

These days most have transitioned to UEFI.

Could be an issue with the version of gptsync you're using.

Or an issue with the version of Linux. I was using 12.04LTS at the time.

Note: You can also use gdisk although it is a bit more advanced...

These days most have transitioned to UEFI.

Thanks for the tip , I'll give gdisk a try.

And for the UEFI:
If you are able to tell me which OS-X capable mainboard/cpu (wo. patch nightmares) is really faster, I think about a Dual Xeon 2011V3, then I will swap, but as long as I do not found such combination. I run my fully watercooled old tank which is nearly as silent as my iPad :)

Thanks for the tip , I'll give gdisk a try.

And for the UEFI:
If you are able to tell me which OS-X capable mainboard/cpu (wo. patch nightmares) is really faster, I think about a Dual Xeon 2011V3, then I will swap, but as long as I do not found such combination. I run my fully watercooled old tank which is nearly as silent as my iPad :)

I think you're unlikely to find a laptop with Dual Xeon.

I have problem with Paragon extFS corrupting the Linux drive but the windows version which I have been using for two years is donig good. I have never faced corrupted HFS+ partitions. Anyway the giveaway is over ;)

I totally agree that extfs from paragon is a serious threat to your data.

I would nobody advise extfs for mac! I have serious critical errors on my ext4 disk. Everytime I use extfs I have tot repair the extfs partition. Sometimes it is so bad that I can't even boot linux. In this case I have to boot a live distro to repair the ext4 disk.
This software is of great risk! I have bought a license and now I'm very disappointed.

I have no experience with the windows drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back