CPU
Intel i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have read through the MultiBeast manuals and everything. It seems there is a major part missing in the manuals regarding installation on the new mac. It is assumed that after you run the build and install that it os all done. However, the EFI is on the desktop and you still have to mount the actual EFI folder to replace what is there. Do I have that correct? If you have to run MultiBeast again for driver changes, you then have to do the same thing and replace the new EFI files in the OS mounted EFI folder. Am I right or wrong?

Also I read that the kexts are place in Library/Extensions not in System/Library/Extensions. Should they be moved or copied to Systems/Library/Extensions?

Perhaps a little clarification is in order.

The EFI used at boot time is a disk partition that also contains an EFI Folder. The Desktop is not where that folder should be.
You need to mount the EFI Partition in order to see the EFI Folder. Once the partition is mounted it will be visible on the Desktop only if you have the Finder Preferences set to show Hard disks.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 5.02.05 PM.png

I think where some confusion comes from is that the OSX Installer creates that EFI Partition but Clover can be set up to use a EFI Folder instead of the EFI Partition. Which way did you instal Clover?

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. I followed the directions on the site for installing ro the letter. I am not sure how to answer yoir question except for saying that after multibeast installed on the hackintosh, it created the efi folder on the desktop. The initial instructions did not say anything about mounting the efi to put the efi folder on the desktop in its place.

I am a newbie here and understand comouters somewhat but i am seeing that a basic tutorial on how hackintoshes work is priceless ao that when you have instructions on installing, you are better able to troubleshoot.

My hackintosh is working but i am noticing a lot of kexts i am going to have to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back