Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Good evening everybody,

ive just arrived at a point where i think im ready to take the plunge on my first customac build, and being that im new and naive in respect to diy building, i am aware that my ignorance may bear blind spots. im building a mac machine for use in audio, some video (mainly pro tools, doing audio post prod. and such for video material), and have taken liberty to allow myself gaming capability. with this set of criterea in mind, ive tried my hardest to stick to the build outlined in the 'Customac Pro' buyers guide, with parts replaced in the interest of availability. my parts list is as follows:

MoBo: MSI PC Mate Z97
CPU: Core i7 4790 K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX960 4GB OC Edition
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB 1600k
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuta 2TB HHD

Im running a Saffire Pro firewire soundcard, so ill get a firewire card to drop into a PCIe slot. PSU and casing have not yet been selected, but importantly id like to get the comforting nod from those experienced and wise minds out there on Tonymac. Is there anything here that you can identify as a possible compatibility issue? im looking at running maybe El Capitan, maybe Yosemite, i need to look at compatibility of El Capitan with the DAWs and plugins i use etc. Being my first post, its worth mentioning how much help the tonymac guides have been (and will be!), and certainly the help ive found posted on the forum has been equally helpful.

i appreciate any comments on the above mentioned build.

Good evening everybody,

ive just arrived at a point where i think im ready to take the plunge on my first customac build, and being that im new and naive in respect to diy building, i am aware that my ignorance may bear blind spots. im building a mac machine for use in audio, some video (mainly pro tools, doing audio post prod. and such for video material), and have taken liberty to allow myself gaming capability. with this set of criterea in mind, ive tried my hardest to stick to the build outlined in the 'Customac Pro' buyers guide, with parts replaced in the interest of availability. my parts list is as follows:

MoBo: MSI PC Mate Z97
CPU: Core i7 4790 K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX960 4GB OC Edition
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB 1600k
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuta 2TB HHD

Im running a Saffire Pro firewire soundcard, so ill get a firewire card to drop into a PCIe slot. PSU and casing have not yet been selected, but importantly id like to get the comforting nod from those experienced and wise minds out there on Tonymac. Is there anything here that you can identify as a possible compatibility issue? im looking at running maybe El Capitan, maybe Yosemite, i need to look at compatibility of El Capitan with the DAWs and plugins i use etc. Being my first post, its worth mentioning how much help the tonymac guides have been (and will be!), and certainly the help ive found posted on the forum has been equally helpful.

i appreciate any comments on the above mentioned build.

I don't see any problems with the system you have specced out. Note that with the GTX 960 you will need to install the Nvidia alternate drivers, since it isn't supported by Apple's drivers. And for your Firewire card, I believe the information in this thread is still relevant: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/59767-firewire-800-400-card-own-100-compatibility.html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back