CPU
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I recently updated to Catalina and everything works except microphone. I am using AppleALC. I tried switching to VoodooHDA and microphone and audio worked via the jacks but no audio came from HDMI on my rx570 gfx card. I know some combination of Voodoo and AppleALC will get me a working setup but I don't know how to get there. Read somewhere that I have to get a dump of my VoodooHDA's platform.xml and do something with it but I'm confused. I have followed many guides but no dice. Been trying to fix this for days now and it's pretty frustrating.

Hi guys,

I recently updated to Catalina and everything works except microphone. I am using AppleALC. I tried switching to VoodooHDA and microphone and audio worked via the jacks but no audio came from HDMI on my rx570 gfx card. I know some combination of Voodoo and AppleALC will get me a working setup but I don't know how to get there. Read somewhere that I have to get a dump of my VoodooHDA's platform.xml and do something with it but I'm confused. I have followed many guides but no dice. Been trying to fix this for days now and it's pretty frustrating.

Use Applealckext only and ID 1. Place in Clover/Kexts Other folder along with lilukext and whateveregreenkext.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 7.33.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 7.36.30 PM.png

i had to use codeccommander fix here to get it fully working with proper sound levels. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back