Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI PS63 8SC
CPU
i7 - 8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi!

I've built an Hackintosh for my mum and everything works perfectly fine!
Except for the fact that sometimes the screen freezes for ca. 5 sec and then the BIOS screen appears and he restarts.
From what i can understand in the error report it's a kernel panic.

Specs:
Bootloader: Clover 2.3 r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
MSI Z97-Gameing 3
i5-5675C
8Gb Crucial Balistix Sport
Samsung 850 Evo
Displayoutput over DP to a 1440p Dell P2416D
No wireless cards or any other extensions except for an Anker USB 3.0 Hub
MS Wireless Keyboard & Mous
Internet connection via LAN

Everytime after the restart i get an error report but I'm a nohand when it comes to these things.....
Please can anybody help me, the machine works so great it's just this one thing!
I uploaded some of the error reports, there where more but I didn't save all of them.

If you need any more information just let me know i will respond as fast as i can!

Big thanks to everyone who takes the time for my issue!

EDIT: I ran a system diagnose and uploaded it to dropbox!
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rm19jwvljtqid2/AADkun_jL5YxTQ6-R-ZQf6QNa?dl=0

Attachments

• ERROR1.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 231
  • ERROR2.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 755
  • ERROR3.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 272
  • ERROR4.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 196
  • ERROR5.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Take a look over my guide, it is a similar motherboard with the same CPU. I use this machine daily without issues. Have you implemented power management? In the guide, Post Installation Step 4 there is a power management SSDT for the i5-5675C. [GUIDE] : MSI Z97-Gaming 7 | i5-5675C Broadwell | HD6200 | 8GB 2400MHz OS X El Capitan

Thank you for your reply!

I know i used your guide since i had the CPU but had to go with the Gaming 3 because the 7 wasn't avaliable.

I basically adapted your BIOS settings but i selected an XMP profile for my RAM could this be the problem?

I changed the frequency back to 1333 MHz yesterday and wait if another panick occures.

I'm not sure if the XMP profile would cause the instant reboot, I'm running mine at 2400MHz.
If you continue to experience the sudden crashes, you could run MemTest on your system overnight or whenever is suitable and see if it returns any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back