Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
MSi Z87 Hackintosh Possible?

Hello,

I'm stuck with a PC that I would like to make into a real computer but I haven't found much on MSi boards.
This is what I have:
MSi Z87-G41 PC Mate Motherboard
i5-4670K 3.4GHz 6MB Cache
8G RAM
HIS HD6670 2GB PCIE
Sandisk SSD 128
Seagate 2TB

Is it possible? Has anyone tried?
Thanks in advance on any insights,
Best regards,
Jay

i am in the same situation but with MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition

Hey Sohail,

I'm still searching but I haven't found a way yet.
Keep me posted if you find anything.

Best,
Jay

Hello,

I'm stuck with a PC that I would like to make into a real computer but I haven't found much on MSi boards.
This is what I have:
MSi Z87-G41 PC Mate Motherboard
i5-4670K 3.4GHz 6MB Cache
8G RAM
HIS HD6670 2GB PCIE
Sandisk SSD 128
Seagate 2TB

Is it possible? Has anyone tried?
Thanks in advance on any insights,
Best regards,
Jay
This board will probably work fine once OSX supports Haswell (either 10.8.5 or Marvericks). Not sure 'bout the 6670 but you can search the forum to see if people are having success with it.

Thanks for the help. Will keep you posted.
J

MSi Z87 G41 Hackintosh?

can someone post some dsdt files for this motherboard please, thanks

Hello,

After setting BIOS (UFFI?) as close as possible to notes in this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

I'm still stuck at getting to the Mac OS X Installer on my new setup. In the Verbose mode the loaded kexts scroll for about 40 seconds, then the screen flashes and the machine reboots on it's own. In graphic mode without any flags inputed the gray screen with apple logo only blinks before the reset occurs.
BootSelection.jpgIMG_5479.jpgIMG_5480.jpgIMG_5482.jpgIMG_5483.jpgIMG_5484.jpgIMG_5485.jpg

I figure that I still need to path the official BIOS (v1.4 - 7821v14.zip found at the msi website) to make the 10.8.5 Bootable pendrive created thxs to the instructions found here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I haven't figured out how to make my own DSDT for my mobo yet so any help (within legal boundaries) will be appreciated (I hope I didn't purchased the Mountain Lion just to purchase a Mac later as sort of twisted pre-order action). As of now I think that mastering use of MaciASL app can help.

On side note: The search function build-in the forums gives me "no results" 99% of time sadly and manually browsing it via google takes some extra time just to find bits of knowledge I need.

Hello,

After setting BIOS (UFFI?) as close as possible to notes in this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

I'm still stuck at getting to the Mac OS X Installer on my new setup. In the Verbose mode the loaded kexts scroll for about 40 seconds, then the screen flashes and the machine reboots on it's own. In graphic mode without any flags inputed the gray screen with apple logo only blinks before the reset occurs.
View attachment 68271View attachment 68272View attachment 68273View attachment 68274View attachment 68275View attachment 68276View attachment 68277

I figure that I still need to path the official BIOS (v1.4 - 7821v14.zip found at the msi website) to make the 10.8.5 Bootable pendrive created thxs to the instructions found here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I haven't figured out how to make my own DSDT for my mobo yet so any help (within legal boundaries) will be appreciated (I hope I didn't purchased the Mountain Lion just to purchase a Mac later as sort of twisted pre-order action). As of now I think that mastering use of MaciASL app can help.

On side note: The search function build-in the forums gives me "no results" 99% of time sadly and manually browsing it via google takes some extra time just to find bits of knowledge I need.

Same thing happens to me on a MSI Z87-G45 I7-4770K and geforce 760 been trying all day with little to no progress :(

Just thought I'd add in on this. Same setup as most of you - MSI Z87 G45 motherboard, i7 4770k, GTX 780. Tried creating a bootable USB drive using the guide using 10.8.5, and configured my BIOS settings the same way you did. When I boot into the flash drive, the screen stays blank for about 10 seconds, then a gray screen (with what I swear is an apple logo in the center) flashes for about a half a second, then the computer restarts itself. Has anyone been able to install OS X with this motherboard?

Same thing happens to me on a MSI Z87-G45 I7-4770K and geforce 760 been trying all day with little to no progress :(

Yes indeed. My stsem MSI Z87-G45, Core i7 4770, Gigabyte Geforce 760 gtx

My system reboots after reading kexts. I caught last line boot process on USB: (I paused screen before reboot)

Starting Darwin x86_x64

Boot Args: boot - uuid= 94adf 18bd - b52a - 34a3 - 9fd9 - 33ef0036d093 rd=**uuid -v -f dart=0 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

system reboot every time. no installer screen. I updated msi bios v1.5. Problem is continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back