Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,all

I am new to this forum. I tried to establish a hackintosh on my new desktop. But I couldn't find thread about how to install a Mac OS 10.9 base on MSI Z87 G45. That is what this thread is gonna do.

My built:

i7 4770K
MSI Z87 G45
Gskill 8G DDR3 1866
Toshiba Q series 128G
EVGA GTX 770

Step 1: Patch the bios

We need to patch our bios in order to install the Mac OS 10.9.

We can refer to the this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SFwykHo1jA (Or search pmpatch on youtube)

Step 2: Install the Mac OS 10.9

We can refer to this http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Step 3: Post-installation

After finishing installing, open Multibeast. Remember, don't choose any option in Quick start. If you choose Easybeast, your machine cannot reboot. Simply, we just need to install some basic required option and the audio driver, which is ALC1150 without DSDT. Because the onboard ethernet card is not gonna work, an additional supported wireless card is needed (please check the buyer's guide). FYI, nvidia cards are seems to be supported, no driver is needed. The picture below is my configuration in multibeast. Meanwhile, I attach my configuration file for your record.

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 3.59.43 PM.png

After all this, your Hackintosh should work properly.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• MSI_Z87_G45.mb
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,740
So everything works properly besides the ethernet? I am very tempted to buy this mobo instead of the recommended Gigabytes boards.

Hey,
awesome guide. I´m currently trying to install Mavericks on the same mobo.
What version of the BIOS did you use to pmpatch? My BIOS won´t accept the files pmpatch gives me.
It also says "PowerManagement not found" in the cmd.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated :)

So everything works properly besides the ethernet? I am very tempted to buy this mobo instead of the recommended Gigabytes boards.

If you plan on dual booting osx and windows, its worth it. If youre only doing osx, get the gigabyte. The golden build a buddy built has had zero issues. Mine has had a few.

Hello,

I have tried to patch the latest bios for my MSI Z87 G45 mobo but here is what I got :

PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002C47D0 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007B8080 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

Do you think it will work even if the PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module has been patched instead of the PowerManagement modules?

Hello,

I have tried to patch the latest bios for my MSI Z87 G45 mobo but here is what I got :

PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002C47D0 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007B8080 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

Do you think it will work even if the PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module has been patched instead of the PowerManagement modules?

I had the same result when patching and I couldnt get it to work.
Can you patch your BIOS with the file pmpatch gives you?

I had the same result when patching and I couldnt get it to work.
Can you patch your BIOS with the file pmpatch gives you?

it worked so far...:)

But i've only been able to boot on usb hdd in legacy mode after installing mavericks.
Anyone succeeded in booting on chimera installed on mac hd??

I think the problem comes from my bios, it seems it is only recognizing my hdd as uefi mode although it is set to legacy-uefi.

patched bios for z87-g45 gaming i patched for another thread put on extra usb stick format as mbr/msdos flash via bios

Attachments

• E7821IMS.160.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 755
Great guide teeth7!

I also installed a Hackintosh on this board exactly like you described, and it worked like a charm except for the ethernet. I plugged in an Intel PRO/1000 CT Adapter PCIe network card and that was automatically recognized by Mavericks upon installation.
It works like a charm on Windows too. So now I've got a fully working Hackintosh/Windows dualboot with internet. Great stuff.

Hi teeth!

Thanks you so much for this guide!
I successfully installed Maverick on my PC. :headbang:
To be able to get internet I bought this wireless card TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

and it worked perfectly. (no need for drivers installation)

The only issue I have is sound. I plugged in speakers and no sound, even when I clicked the volume icon holding alt and changing the different items on that list, nothing...
I get auto in to my headphones but no speakers but after a while a clicking sound comes out of them.. tup tup tup tup tup! super annoying!:banghead:

I have the PC connected to a TV via HDMI and the audio goes through the TV into a 5.1 system. But no sound.

Does anyone here has been successful getting the sound to work?

What about windows already installed in a RAID 0 and Mavericks on a single SSD? I can't boot on my Mavericks if the bios is set to RAID MODE.
anyone have info on that? My solution is when I reboot enter the BIOS and change the settings. it work be it could be better.

Thanks again!

PS: Thanks to stehor for providing the patched BIOS ROM! You save my ass!

My specs:

i5-4670k @ 4.4GHz | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | 16GB Corsair XMS3 Vengeance | 1 x Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 (OS X Mavericks) | 2 x Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 RAID 0 (Windows 8.1) | MSI Z87 G45.

Hi,all

I am new to this forum. I tried to establish a hackintosh on my new desktop. But I couldn't find thread about how to install a Mac OS 10.9 base on MSI Z87 G45. That is what this thread is gonna do.

My built:

i7 4770K
MSI Z87 G45
Gskill 8G DDR3 1866
Toshiba Q series 128G
EVGA GTX 770

Step 1: Patch the bios

We need to patch our bios in order to install the Mac OS 10.9.

We can refer to the this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SFwykHo1jA (Or search pmpatch on youtube)

Step 2: Install the Mac OS 10.9

We can refer to this http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Step 3: Post-installation

After finishing installing, open Multibeast. Remember, don't choose any option in Quick start. If you choose Easybeast, your machine cannot reboot. Simply, we just need to install some basic required option and the audio driver, which is ALC1150 without DSDT. Because the onboard ethernet card is not gonna work, an additional supported wireless card is needed (please check the buyer's guide). FYI, nvidia cards are seems to be supported, no driver is needed. The picture below is my configuration in multibeast. Meanwhile, I attach my configuration file for your record.

View attachment 78605

After all this, your Hackintosh should work properly.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back