1. 0
Hi everyone,

My current set up is this:

i5 4670k
MSI Z87-G45
g.Skill Trident DDR3 2400
HD 7970
Kingston HyperX SSD

I have 3 SSDs, two of which are Windows 8.1 and the other is OS 10.9.

Everything is working on my build as I pmpatched, but the one thing that I run into is that I am unable to boot it without the help of my original install device which I used unibeast. I installed the basic kexts from multibeast, but I am still running into the problem where I have to boot into my USB installation and then access my hackintosh hard drive that way. After I do that, everything else runs smoothly and the computer runs normally. The problem arises from when I try to boot into my kingston hard drive where 10.9 lives. It gives me boot 0 errors plus a bunch of unreadable symbols. Any ideas on what I might do to fix my booting issue? Thanks for the help!

mrconnery

Did you install the Chimera 2.2. onto the SSD. Which is the Mac Vol.

Also is the SSD firmware up to date - some manufactures have a special version for Mac SSD's.
Check w the tech support for your SSD Drive.

I did install Chimera 2.2 onto my Hackintosh SSD. Also, no firmware updates are available for this SSD. However, I have the same hard drive in my MacBook Pro, so I know for sure it is compatible. Attached is a picture of what I see when I try to boot into it from hard drive. IMG_1586.jpg

I cant really help your issue, but I'm having issues of my own. I have the same mobo, and every time I try and update the bios via putting the modded bios file onto a formatted flash drive, and selecting it in the bios, it just freezes on me when I select it. How exactly did you PMPatch your mobo?

Hey Magnie,

I pmpatched my BIOS also on this MSI motherboard and ran into the same issue as you. I had version 1.4 of the BIOS firmware and every time I tried using M-Flash to update to the patched version it froze. So I did the BIOS update using MSI Life Update from within Windows. This installed the official 1.5 BIOS firmware. I then used M-Flash in the BIOS to replace the 1.5 version with the patched version and that worked like a charm.

Hey Magnie,

I pmpatched my BIOS also on this MSI motherboard and ran into the same issue as you. I had version 1.4 of the BIOS firmware and every time I tried using M-Flash to update to the patched version it froze. So I did the BIOS update using MSI Life Update from within Windows. This installed the official 1.5 BIOS firmware. I then used M-Flash in the BIOS to replace the 1.5 version with the patched version and that worked like a charm.

Patois

MSI motherboard may require you to modify a bios their is a tool that I think can help DCPImanager
see the sections on DSDT in the forums for DSDT.

hello guys, i have this mobo and i have stuck...i make a usb with chimera, when boot chimera i choose the usb then appear apple logo and then restart....what about pmpatched? should i flash the patched bios?or what?

thank you

alan your bios must be patched first before uni stick install or use clover bootloader use KernelPm

How can i patch my bios, my current bios is 1,6....anyone have a link?

i have patched bios for u put on a spare usb stick formated as mbr/msdos. via bios not windows. bios for z87-g45 gaming

Attachments

• E7821IMS.160.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 327
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back