Contribute
Register

MSI Z87-Clover 5126: system reboots at installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running fine from Big Sur ssd drive, not need usb. What I did was first use a usb drive to run booting test. When I got almost everything working, just copied clover folder from usb to ssd.

The only thing that is giving me some trouble is iCloud + iMessage login. I'm getting a "could not connect to server" error

I don't think I have the patience for that lol

The thing is you already setup'd Clover, it's really about translating your custom Clover settings to OC, and it wasn't hard at all.

It really took me less than 2 hours or so from start reading the guide to actually able to boot OC into Catalina and I know from the get go it's actually much cleaner/easier than Clover.

If I create an OC EFI folder as per the guide, can I put this on the EFI partition of the boot disk and it should boot the system or should I install the OS again?

OK I have created the OC EFI folder (with OC 0.6.3) according to the dortania guide for Haswell, checked the plist with the sanity check link found in the guide and all checks out. I then added the EFI folder to the EFI partition and rebooted into BIOS (MSI's Click BIOS 4) where I disabled CFG Lock. Sadly when I boot the pc the disk is not seen and I get the error that there is no boot disk and in BIOS I actually do not see the disk under UEFI. Is there anything else I should add to the EFI folder in order for the system to see the disk and boot?

I’ve set my motherboard to UEFI only (was UEFI+legacy) and now have the following efi shell
1605366754297.jpeg

What shall I do here? I never really used shell
Thanks!

from google:

-----------------------------------------

Troubleshooting​

Internal Hard-disk not detected as UEFI boot partition:​

Use the Shell.efi to boot into UEFI Shell, then run the following command:

bcfg boot dump
This command will output result of your BIOS boot partitiions. If the result is empty you need to add a new Boot record.

First, run map to find your MacOS installation drive. Take note on the FS* drive letter. eg. FS4.

To add a new Boot record, run the following command:

bcfg boot add id FS*:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.efi AppleUEFI
Note: id is index of your Boot record, you can use 00 if bcfg boot dump return empty

In order to boot with BIOS Boot Device Select,please add file EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi to uefi boot menu​

Looks like there are extra things you have to do for MSI motherboards.

I don't get it. Shall I use the openspell.efi in OC tools? If so, where shall I put this one?
When the computer starts is on the EFI shell shown in the screenshot above if I type the cfg command it is not recognised.... As for the last bit "add/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, the file is there on the ssd but how to add it to UEFO boot menu?
Note that I do not have an Opencore boot disk, I just added the created EFI folder to the HD's EFI partition
I also tried to pu the EFI folder on a usb stick. I can select this USB as a boot option but I end up in BIOS when doing so.
I'm stuck :|

Last edited:
Do you have another drive with Windows 10? an really more easy aproach it's to boot windows 10 an use EasyUEFI to create a boot entry to your hackintosh drive. I had to done that some times on fresh install with Clover.
This post should help you.

And I also changed to OpenCore, all my problems with Big sur have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back