ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Big Sur (MSI z87 MPower Max/Haswell) but without success so far. Installation started well but when the system reboots and I have to select the data disk on Clover's boot screen to continue the process, my system reboots straight away and the installation doesn't start. I can launch Catalina without any issues but not Big Sur.

Here is the Quirk section in Clover Configurator; I just replicated the settings that were in the sample plist like so:

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 11.14.38.png

Is there any other Quirks that I should enable, disable?

Why not give OpenCore where you are at it, a try ? but make sure to use teh latest build 0.6.4
With the previous build my z 87 wasnt booting

I went through OC documentation but I don't think I have the patience for that lol
@imac21 : I have seen a post where you said that you managed to install Big Sur with Clover; could you share a screenshot of the quirks section in Clover configurator so that I can see which ones you selected and try that?

I'm on MacPro 6,1; yes igpu is disabled in bios so it's not that :(
I finally could update to Big Sur. I have enabled igpu on bios and I'm using sys definition for iMac Pro 1,1 and ig-platform-id with all dummy connectors for my igpu, in my case 0x01620007. In your case should be something like 0x04120004.

After those changes I just launched again Big Sur installation app, and let it reboot the system few times.
But I'm using an rx 580 gpu, not and nvidia one. Not sure how Nvidia + igpu works together.

Success, finally!! :D
All I did is to copy the kexts (virtualsmc,lilu,applealc,whatevergreen,ethernet and usbinjectall) that I had in Library/Extension to Clover/Kexts/Other and the installation went through.

I'll now make a usb for a fresh install. I guess that kexts should only be in Clover/Kexts/Other and not in L/E?

Success, finally!! :D
All I did is to copy the kexts (virtualsmc,lilu,applealc,whatevergreen,ethernet and usbinjectall) that I had in Library/Extension to Clover/Kexts/Other and the installation went through.

I'll now make a usb for a fresh install. I guess that kexts should only be in Clover/Kexts/Other and not in L/E?
Yes, thats normal since Catalina

I managed to make a fresh install but I can only boot from preboot and actually can't install Clover 5126 on Big Sur as "this package is incompatible with this version of macOS so I'm booting from the USB for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back