Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So as soon as i got OSX lion 10.7.4 up and running Apple released Mountain Lion. There was a previous thread for lion so I thought i would start up the mountain lion thread. I am having trouble with Multibeast/Rebooting without Unibeast. Here is what i have so far.

1. Installed OSX Mountain Lion.app to USB with Unibeast 1.5
2.Booted USB and Installed OSX Mountain Lion onto primary SSD with GUID option and named SSD "Macintosh HD" to be safe.
3.After it reboots I select SSD using Unibeast and load up OSX Mountain Lion.

What works at this point.
Detects my cpu and ram correctly at 3.39 GHz Intel I5 and 16 GB ram.
ethernet port receives Ip buts its wrong and internet not working.
back panel USB 2.0 ports.
front panel USB 2.0 ports.
power and reset switch.

What doesnt work.
HD4000 is not enabled so my resolution is 1024 X 768 with 64 MB ram using the DVI PORT
Audio 892
back panel USB 3.0 ports
front panel USB 3.0 ports
internet.

At this point I open up Multibeast 4.6.1 Lion Edition.

What I need to know at this point is what should be selected in Multibeast and if there are others things I should install in addition to Multibeast install. (ex some other kexts/ chimera update) I am pretty sure that the audio will be 892 and that the ethernet I will use is Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81XX. Other than that i dont know.

As always screenshots are welcome :)

Hopefully the same guys who had this board with lion with join this thread and we can create a solid install guide for this msi board. Thanks to all that have helped make this possible. It has been a lot of fun reading the forums and threads thus far.

Hi commanche344,

Any news about your installation? Did you use any DSDT?

I am planning to install moutain lion on the same motherboard. I will also post my result if it can help people too.

I really ought to just stop posting in the Lion thread. I'm going to cross post this here for visibility.

I didn't need a custom DSDT (or SSDT) with this board. At least with Lion, I did need a patched BIOS to get sleep working. I didn't bother switching back to a stock BIOS version when upgrading to Mountain Lion. I assume it's the same case.

For reference, this is what I used.
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - MSI, Asrock and Foxconn 1155 Patched Bios Thread

With this board you can "launch" a BIOS version straight off of a USB stick without flashing. I can't recall the name of this setting right now, but you should be able to find it if you poke around enough. I used that to confirm the stability of the patched BIOS before flashing it and committing myself. I haven't had any issues with it in OS X or in Windows.

ICloud works once you have the SystemId set properly. Without it, ICloud and the AppStore would not launch in Lion. In Mountain Lion you can't even create an admin account without doing this.

Ethernet and Sound both work.. Use the settings from MultiBeast I posted a few posts up. These are the same for Mountain Lion.

The only thing special I had to do with sound is select the correct device in Sound Preferences.

It is going to be difficult. I am stuck at the Apple Logo screen.

I tried to boot with -x -s -f and PCIRootUID=0 but still stuck

PCI Configuration begin
PCI Configuration changed bridge = 1 device=0 cardbus=0
PCI configuration end, bridges 5 devices 12

And then nothing happens.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

MSI Z77A-G45

Hi Guys.

I installed Mountain Lion yesterday and everything went reasonably smooth.
First problem I had was with my old graphics card, XFX 8800GT. After removing that it went without a hitch. Everything works. to get on board HD 4000 graphics I installed Chimera 1.11. no problems, full acceleration and all.

I would suggest keeping it simple at first, remove all additional cards and memory, hard drives,etc.

By the way I used the App Store download and the Unibeast method to make a bootable USB and installed.
In Multibeast I installed the unified device injector and HDA rollback, all inputs work.
Network was Lnx2Mac's Realtek.
After running the Chimera v1.10 in Multibeast I installed the stand alone Chimera 1.11 for HD4000 graphics.
I can't remember if I selected Easybeast install or not. Sorry.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 5.25.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 5.25.52 PM.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 546
If it can help some people :

With Unibeast 1.5.2 I was able to go to the install process -> I just had to add PCIRootUID=0 for my graphic card to work (HDMI).

Putting this here for posterity ...

Had to do the following to get HD4000 fully working:

My install:
Patched UEFI Version 1.3: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread-14.html#post330800
Chimera 1.11.1
MultiBeast 5.0.2
SMproductname iMac12,2

UEFI Settings:
-Internal Memory Size: 64MB
-DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX

org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

(optional)
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

Internal Memory size has to be 64MB for some reason.
HD4000PlatformId can have a value of 0-11 for different port options, 0 worked for me for DVI.
GraphicsEnabler has to be "Yes" to get full acceleration.

HD4000.png

Hi Guys.

I installed Mountain Lion yesterday and everything went reasonably smooth.
First problem I had was with my old graphics card, XFX 8800GT. After removing that it went without a hitch. Everything works. to get on board HD 4000 graphics I installed Chimera 1.11. no problems, full acceleration and all.

I would suggest keeping it simple at first, remove all additional cards and memory, hard drives,etc.

By the way I used the App Store download and the Unibeast method to make a bootable USB and installed.
In Multibeast I installed the unified device injector and HDA rollback, all inputs work.
Network was Lnx2Mac's Realtek.
After running the Chimera v1.10 in Multibeast I installed the stand alone Chimera 1.11 for HD4000 graphics.
I can't remember if I selected Easybeast install or not. Sorry.

What version of MB did you use? Having issues after running MB and CW after install on this board. Please help. Self proclaimed noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back