MSI Z77A-GD55 Bios Ver 11.1
i5-3570K
Geforce GTX 980 4GB
240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Bios setting for install:
Optimised defaults
Enabler IGD as primary

1. Create standard Unibeast drive
  2. Boot to USB (Boot Flags Needed: nv_disable=1)
  3. Wipe Drive that will have the OS on it.
  4. Install OSX
  5. Reboot in to Mac OSX (Boot Flag Needed: nv_disable=1)
  6. Run Multibeast with these settings: (Download below)
  7. f63b23ea1d.png
  8. Install Nvidia Web Drivers: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1f01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html
  9. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags
  10. Reboot with the Install Flash Drive to Fix Boot0 Error (Boot flags: Use nv_disable=1): http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
  11. Reboot to bios
  12. Change IGD back to defaults
  13. Reboot without Unibeast Drive and boot to OS X install (If you want to test that all is working use -v for your first boot)
  14. Done
  15. ac6b18271b.png

Audio (ALC 892- May need to select output device in sound settings)
Networking (Getting full speed)
Display Drivers (Only DVI output, GTX 980 issues ATM) [Note: I'm using Integrated Graphics to run my secondary screen over HDMI to DVI and that is working in 10.10]
USB 3.0 (Working)
Bluetooth (CSR-BT4.0 Generic Dongle - Working, Testing with iPod 4th gens and Huawei Ascend P6)
769c82f341.png

Only thing that does not work right now is iMessage.

107499d1413626116-yosemite-official-nvidia-343-01-01f01-available-653c2ebe70.png

Attachments

• Z77A-GD55 Yosemite 10.10.mb
    5.4 KB · Views: 352
MSI Z77A-GD55 Bios Ver 11.1
i5-3570K
Geforce GTX 980 4GB
240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Bios setting for install:
Optimised defaults
Enabler IGD as primary

1. Create standard Unibeast drive
  2. Boot to USB (Boot Flags Needed: nv_disable=1)
  3. Wipe Drive that will have the OS on it.
  4. Install OSX
  5. Reboot in to Mac OSX (Boot Flag Needed: nv_disable=1)
  6. Run Multibeast with these settings: (Download below)
  7. View attachment 107521
  8. Install Nvidia Web Drivers: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1f01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html
  9. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags
  10. Reboot with the Install Flash Drive to Fix Boot0 Error (Boot flags: Use nv_disable=1): http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
  11. Reboot to bios
  12. Change IGD back to defaults
  13. Reboot without Unibeast Drive and boot to OS X install (If you want to test that all is working use -v for your first boot)
  14. Done
  15. View attachment 107526

Audio (ALC 892- May need to select output device in sound settings)
Networking (Getting full speed)
Display Drivers (Only DVI output, GTX 980 issues ATM)
USB 3.0 (Working)
Bluetooth (CSR-BT4.0 Generic Dongle - Working, Testing with iPod 4th gens and Huawei Ascend P6)
View attachment 107527

Only thing that does not work right now is iMessage.

View attachment 107524

You mean only D-ports work, not DVI?
I have EVGA gtx 980 and my HDMI and DVI ports DO NOT work. I don't have a DP cable to test the 4 ports that are left, so im stuck with the black screen.

You mean only D-ports work, not DVI?
I have EVGA gtx 980 and my HDMI and DVI ports DO NOT work. I don't have a DP cable to test the 4 ports that are left, so im stuck with the black screen.

No, DVI works. HDMI doesn't. Haven't got the cables to test DP.

Switch to Clover, iMessage is working perfectly fine once its setup.

Glad to see its not just me who cant get HDMI on his gtx 980.

Switch to Clover, iMessage is working perfectly fine once its setup.

Glad to see its not just me who cant get HDMI on his gtx 980.
I don't really care for iMassage since I have no friends who use it. We just use Whatsapp or Telegram so that's the fix for me :p Also I don't like the why clover works since I would need to learn the new method!:beachball:

Dear bomerr,

I've experience with Chimera / chameleon.

After the configuration of Clover the relevant boot flags are similar under Clover as Chameleon?

Nv_diable , DSDT = null, -x , -v .... ?

imessage : I saw imessage tweaks in Clover configurator. That's enough and done, or there are any further nvram or other tweak to be done with imessage?

THX.

I know you said, you don't care about iMessage. but im going to give you the iSolution anyways :D

Delete all Ethernet connections from the networking list, then go to "/library/preferences/systemconfiguration/" and delete "networkinterfaces.plist" reboot, add the one ethernet your using, back, you will now be able to use iMessage and the App Store

I know you said, you don't care about iMessage. but im going to give you the iSolution anyways :D

Delete all Ethernet connections from the networking list, then go to "/library/preferences/systemconfiguration/" and delete "networkinterfaces.plist" reboot, add the one ethernet your using, back, you will now be able to use iMessage and the App Store

Since your method is a simple one it will be worth trying. I will try it when I get around to using OS X on my main system since I have a secondary rig for OS X now. :D

Hi guys!

I would like to know if you had any luck with your HDMI outs?

Thanks

I would love to know this as well since I'm considering a 980 vs a Titan X (or waiting for the 980 updates) right now!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back