Contribute
Register

MSI Z77A-G45 Lots of Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats the one. sorted out a bunch of issues in ml, but the nic still worked with the older kext, just not well
when did it stop working? since ml?

NIC never worked in ML at all. I had the SB CPU installed when i first got it, then put the SB back in the ASrock board. Thought I would go through an install to make sure I knew what I was talking about, so I stole the CPU I had for the GA board and put it on the MSI. Went thru the BIOS and reset everything and installed. Install went without a hitch, but even booting with UniBeast I get no network, although I do get a single blinking green standby light. Not sure what the problem is when I can shut down, disconnect the drive, connect the ODD and boot live distros and get that nice orange light.

Hi there, did you manage to get his board working ? I have the same board, i install no problems, as soon as i install multibeast options, I get a kernel panick or a spinning wheel at startup. I got it working the first time I did it, but could not get my usb wifi to work, or the lan, so i reloaded, and cant get any of it going now. after multibeast it sits with the wheel of death. I see on your picture that you didnt use easybeast. did this help? just the chameleon installer ? not sure what you meant by that...

Hi there, did you manage to get his board working ? I have the same board, i install no problems, as soon as i install multibeast options, I get a kernel panick or a spinning wheel at startup. I got it working the first time I did it, but could not get my usb wifi to work, or the lan, so i reloaded, and cant get any of it going now. after multibeast it sits with the wheel of death. I see on your picture that you didnt use easybeast. did this help? just the chameleon installer ? not sure what you meant by that...

The reason I used Chameleon Wizard to create my smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist is because MultiBeast installs some files that are not needed with the MSI boards and it is easier to use CW than use MB and have to go in and edit the .plists again after creating them.
The only things you really need MB for is to install fakesmc + motherboard plugins, Chimera, the ALC892 NonDSDT and lnx2mac's RTL8xxx for the Z77A-G45 board + you will want to select one of the themes under customization.

Got this posted on my thread but figured I would check here. Seems like there are a fair amount of posts for this mobo. Anyone have a current details of the post UniBeast install steps for ML?

I followed Going Bald's multi beast screen and his steps for chameleon wizard.
It's pretty clean.

I can boot.

I have network, sound and graphics all working.
No HW monitor.

After using the machine for a few hours - it locks up.
No gray screen of death.
No messages of any kind.
It just stops responding with complete image on screen.
No mouse, no keyboard - nothing...

I'm running bios 2.7 with the appleintelcpu....kext option.
I've also tried running with modded bios and the apple supplied pwr mgmt kext.

I've read other boards that talk about some voltage problems with this motherboard.
As far as I can tell, those are all for OC

I tried stripping RAM out (2 sticks of 8) followed by (2 sticks of 4).
the lower RAM did "seem" to last a little longer without freezing, but it eventually does the same thing.

Anyone else have problems with this board?

I bought this board yesterday and t never booted with 8gb of corsair and i3 3220intel chip. Taking it back to frys today. Maybe I got a bad one. I have a 600w coolmax psu. It just started for a second and then stopped. One blue light came on fo a split second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back