Graphics
GTX 560SE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am new to this Hackintosh stuff so please bare with me.

First lets start out with my specs:
MSI Z77A-G45 (Modified BIOS)
8GB RAM
GTX 560SE
Edimax ew-7811un WI-FI dongle
80GB HDD (Mountain Lion)
2TB HDD (Windows 7)
Mountain Lion (10.8.0 installed with Unibeast (1.5.2) and upgraded to 10.8.1)

Here is my list of problems:
1. Cant boot without my unibeast usb drive (Kernel Panics when I boot from HDD and reboots instantly)
2. Cant get full resolution on hd4000 graphics (Chimera 1.11.1 doesn't help enable it)
3. No picture at all when I have my graphics card installed
4. Sound doesn't work (ALC892)

What does work:
1. It boots (from usb only)
2. The processor and RAM are both identified correctly
3. My WI-FI dongle

I know I am doing something wrong because I have seen similar builds working perfectly. I don't really need the integrated graphics to work but it would be nice to have that option. So if somebody could please help it would be nice :)

I am new to this Hackintosh stuff so please bare with me.

First lets start out with my specs:
MSI Z77A-G45 (Modified BIOS)
8GB RAM
GTX 560SE
Edimax ew-7811un WI-FI dongle
80GB HDD (Mountain Lion)
2TB HDD (Windows 7)
Mountain Lion (10.8.0 installed with Unibeast (1.5.2) and upgraded to 10.8.1)

Here is my list of problems:
1. Cant boot without my unibeast usb drive (Kernel Panics when I boot from HDD and reboots instantly)
2. Cant get full resolution on hd4000 graphics (Chimera 1.11.1 doesn't help enable it)
3. No picture at all when I have my graphics card installed
4. Sound doesn't work (ALC892)

What does work:
1. It boots (from usb only)
2. The processor and RAM are both identified correctly
3. My WI-FI dongle

I know I am doing something wrong because I have seen similar builds working perfectly. I don't really need the integrated graphics to work but it would be nice to have that option. So if somebody could please help it would be nice :)

1.If you didn't flash the BIOS and didn't install NullAICPUPowermanagement.kext then there is your problem (one of them anyway)
2.HD4000 graphics, you will probably have to inject your display native resolution with Graphics Mode= your screen resolution in the boot.plist. Since you have a graphics card, better to get it working.
3.When installing a gfx card, boot to BIOS and make first gfx device PCI or PCIeX16
4. Did you use NonDSDT ALC892?

1.If you didn't flash the BIOS and didn't install NullAICPUPowermanagement.kext then there is your problem (one of them anyway)
2.HD4000 graphics, you will probably have to inject your display native resolution with Graphics Mode= your screen resolution in the boot.plist. Since you have a graphics card, better to get it working.
3.When installing a gfx card, boot to BIOS and make first gfx device PCI or PCIeX16
4. Did you use NonDSDT ALC892?

Ok, I reinstalled Mountain Lion and I took your advice and fixed the boot issue and sound. I might not have been clear on the graphics problem. Integrated graphics is not enabled at all and I cannot boot with GrapicsEnabler=yes. When I boot with it set to yes, it hangs at the NTFS part. When I remove my second HDD (2TB) it hangs at something about bluetooth. I don't have any bluetooth anything. Also when I go into about this Mac, it says I have a 2001 iMac but everything is being detected except for the integrated graphics (I still did not install my dedicated graphics yet)

I think I might be making bad error here. I had networking with a sandy bridge CPU on the Z77A-GD65.

I replaced the SandyBridge CPU with a Core i5 3570K and with display connected to HDMI port onboard gfx ports booted to BIOS.
First clicked on save and exit button, then set defaults button to take everything back to factory. hit the back circle arrow in the top right of the settings screen to go back to the menu selections and selected the Advanced button
PCI Subsystem Settings
- - PCIe GEN3 (Enabled)
- - PCI Latency Timer (32 PCI Bus Clocks) - this is default- no change

ACPI Settings
- - ACPI Standby State (S3)
- - Power LED (Blinking)

Integrated Peripheral Settings
- - Onboard LAN Controller (Enabled)
- - IEEE 1394 Controller (Enabled)
- - SATA Configuration
- - - SATA Mode (AHCI)
- - - SATA 1 Hotplug (Disabled) I set all SATA 1-6 Hotplug disabled
- - - External SATA 6Gb/s (AHCI)
- - Audio Configuration
- - - HD Audio Controller (Enabled)
- - HPET Controller (Enabled)

Integrated Graphics Device Configuration
- Virtu (Disabled)
- Initiate Graphics Adapter (IGD)
- Integrated Graphics Share Memory (64M)
- DVMT Memory (256Mb)
- IGD Multi Monitor (Enabled)

Intel Rapid Start (Disabled)

USB Configuration
- USB Controller (Enabled)
- Legact USB Support (Enabled)

Intel Smart Connect (Disabled)

Power Management Setup
- EuP 2013 (Disabled) default setting from factory
- Restore After Power Loss (Power Off)

Wake Up Event
- Wake Up Event By (BIOS)
- Resume From S3 By USB Device (Enabled)
- everything else here Disabled-

Boot Configuration

Full Screen Logo (Disabled) I like to see the BIOS post, not advertisements
PCI ROM Priority (Legacy ROM)

set your boot option priorities for your hardware and set your hard disk boot priority to the OS X HDD

Save and Exit
- Save Settings and Reboot.

With ML UniBeast in the USB port, boot to the install screen, format HDD and install/reboot/go through setups/
Start Using Mac

At the desktop, need MultiBeast for Mountain Lion latest version and Chameleon Wizard - downloaded them on another build and copied them to this build via my trusty ToshibaUSB drive - don't know why at this point but I don't even have a standby light on the NIC.
Launch Finder and create /Extra folder in Root
Launch Chameleon Wizard and make selections for org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist
Chameleon Wizard boot.plist.pngChameleon Wizard smbios.plist.png

Save to desktop, then copy to /Extra. Delete from desktop.

Launch MultiBeast and make these selections:
MultiBeast Settings.jpg

Repair permissions and reboot.

o_O D***N, still no network.:banghead:
Guess we will have to wait until hnak posts a 1000e for ML on ivy. :beachball:

gb, have you tried hnak's latest (2 days ago) kext?

And I screwed up again.:oops::oops: Just went back and looked at the G45 spec - it has the Realtek ALC892 codec and the Realtek 8111E LAN

So change the MB settings to the NonDSDT892 for audio and the Lnx2mac's RTL8xx network driver. Delete the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler and hnak's AppleIntel1000# from S/L/E, then install the RIGHT ones

lol guess thats what happens when you have so many boards :D

gb, have you tried hnak's latest (2 days ago) kext?

The one he posted it on his thread at IM in post #202? That you said worked for you in post #203? Yes. No dice. Not even a standby light. And i know it is not the NIC. Ubuntu Live and PC-BSD Isotope Live both have working network with that nice orange light that tells me I have Gigabit Ethernet.

yeah thats the one. sorted out a bunch of issues in ml, but the nic still worked with the older kext, just not well
when did it stop working? since ml?

lol guess thats what happens when you have so many boards :D

Whadda ya mean so many boards? I don't have all that many boards. Let's see, there is my first Intel Hackintosh that worked with LifeHackers directions back in I forget what year - the GA-EP45-UD3P + E6600 Core2Duo Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in the generic beige PC case I had on hand, then there is my main build with the GA-X58A-UD7 + Core i7 920 Mountain Lion in the Coolermaster Cosmos case, then the Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 + Core i7 2700K - Lion tested, not built into a case yet, The Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H + Core i5 3570K not in a case yet and the MSI Z77A-GD65 + Core i5 3570K I stole from the GA board (gonna get a 3770K when I can) just tested with ML and not in a case yet, and, oh, let's not forget the ASUS P8Z77-I + Core i5 3570K Mountain Lion in the Lian Li case.
That's not all that many, is it? Hey, I like to play!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back