Graphics
EVGA GTX570 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have just finished installing OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on a MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard using Unibeast-Multibeast method.

Bios has been patched with PMPatch (bios version 2.9). Shutdown and restarts work perfectly fine out-of-the-box without any additional kexts.

Specs: MSI Z77A-G45 (patched bios version 2.9 no DSDT)
Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked (Graphics Enabler = yes; PCIRootUID=0 on this motherboard; having HD4000 + discrete video card is NOT SUPPORTED on this particular motherboard)
8 GB GSkill F3-2400CL10 (2x4) memory sticks
Onboard sound card (Realtek ACL892, no DSDT)
Onboard Lan card (RTL 8168, using lnx2mac RTL81xx.x kext)

Unibeast to install (using PCIRootUID=0 with the GTX570). At install, create a GUID partition (mac journalized) on an empty HDD where you will install OSX 10.8.2. You must not select mac journalized, case sensitive. Some programs, for example any Blizzard game (Diablo III, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft) cannot be installed on a case sensitive partition.
In Multibeast, only select ACL892 for the sound card, Chimera bootloader, and FakeSMC, FakeSMCPlugins. You do not have to use any of the two items at the top. So you do not select EasyBeast or UserDSDT/DSDT free options. Not needed at all on this motherboard.

create manually your own org.chameleon.Boot.plist in TextEdit, and copy and paste this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>LoginToLion</string>
</dict>
</plist>

save the file in /Extra

That should be all that you need in your Boot.plist file. Reason for the manual edit is that MultiBeast ends up in an error and does not create the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

smbios.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>10/12/2012</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>iMac</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMmemtype</key>
	<string>24</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>iMac13,2</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>C02L2T52DNMP</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Save the smbios.plist in /Extra.

You will also have to change 2 lines inside /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist. Copy the file on the desktop to modify. In the first <array>, insert <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>. In the second <array></array> section, insert <string>iMac13,2</string>. Then drag back the plist file in /S*/L*/CoreServices/. You should be prompted to authorize and enter admin password to replace the file.

Doing that will stop having errors when trying to use ssdtPRgen (to activate Ivy Bridge PM). And having the right system identification will also help a lot when installing certain apps from the App store, like Xcode (which is very sensible to machine serial and correct UUID, and all that boring stuff)

After rebooting, you should have a perfectly working Hackintosh without any DSDT installed.

What does work:
onboard sound card: analog outputs (they do work separately, but not together). Digital out work very well.
GTX570 works fine with GraphicsEnabler = yes, PCIRootUID=0. The reason it does not detects it as PCIRootUID=1, it is because on this motherboard, HD4000 gets deactivated when you set primary display to PEG in the bios. I have not found a way to have both video cards to work. But the HD4000 should work, but is not required if you have an nVidia card installed. Set Graphics Enabler to "no" if you have any GTX6xx series video cards. Don't know about AMD cards. Tested with Diablo III from Blizzard, everything seems to be working fine, if you follow those simple guidelines carefully.

What does not work:
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro sound card. Did not find any right kext for that one, for ML
It does seem that HWMonitor only "sees" my HDD temps. But I do leave it installed, I can easily switch between cards when I want to use the x-fi in windows (I do have a Sharkoon XTatic Digital 5.1, it comes with a digital box, and also have analog outputs for 5.1 analog sound)

EDIT: it seems I have managed to make HWMonitor work properly. I believe the cause to be that I did the ssdtPRGen before Multibeast, and also have my Boot.plist, smbios.plist, and PlatformSupport.plist correctly set beforehand. Now I can see if the p-states of the 3770K are working or not.

When you are done, you CAN update to 10.8.3. Before restarting after installing the update combo, relaunch MultiBeast and only install your sound card drivers (Without DSDT-->Realtek-->ACL892)

Thanks for the write up. I am trying to build with the same motherboard but with a GTX 650 video card. I can get video out from the built in DVI port but not my graphics card.

How do you set the UEFI for video out to the graphics card? I did not want to do Unibeast install until I had the system putting out video through the card.

Thanks.

Hi

I'm want to build a similar hackintosh with the same motherboard, but I would like to know if all usb3 ports in the rear and the front header are working.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Selective

Thanks for this!

I have the same motherboard and following this has made things a little less confusing.

I have used the ssdtPRGen and followed the instructions in the other post. However I am confused about why we need the "GenerateCStates=Yes" and GeneratePStates=Yes" in the boot.plist. Isn't that what the ssdt is doing?

Thanks for this!

I have the same motherboard and following this has made things a little less confusing.

I have used the ssdtPRGen and followed the instructions in the other post. However I am confused about why we need the "GenerateCStates=Yes" and GeneratePStates=Yes" in the boot.plist. Isn't that what the ssdt is doing?

If I remember correctly, it was to make sure that HWMonitor picks up your cpu power and cstates for correct readings.

Thanks for the write up. I am trying to build with the same motherboard but with a GTX 650 video card. I can get video out from the built in DVI port but not my graphics card.

How do you set the UEFI for video out to the graphics card? I did not want to do Unibeast install until I had the system putting out video through the card.

Thanks.

I did not inject any drivers for my GTX570. do not forget you have a 650 vid card, I believe you have some more steps to do. Graphics enabler=no in your case instead of yes, PCIRootID=0.

If it works through your onboard DVI, so it means your dedicated card will be deactivated. You can't have both on this particular motherboard. Deactivate your iGPU from your bios, and plug in your DVI cable on your GTX650. Use Graphics Enabler=no, PCIRootUID=0 (try 1 if 0 doesn't work)

Hi

I'm want to build a similar hackintosh with the same motherboard, but I would like to know if all usb3 ports in the rear and the front header are working.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Selective

Yes, they all work, I would believe at USB 2 speed, but they work. Can't remember now because I uninstalled my hackintosh. But I do remember they worked.

And remember people, on this board YOU NEED TO PATCH THE BIOS, any version of the bios will work, but make sure it is patched, or it will be automatic KP.

My next build will be on a Gigabyte G1.Killer Sniper 3, with a GTX 760 (that should arrive tomorrow). That motherboard should work, I managed somehow to get a X-Fi Titanium fata;ity pro to work, at least for rear speakers. This mothoerboard has a core3D as onboard audio. Another challenge, make the Killer 2201 NIC and the Intel NIC, and even the Atheros bluetooth4.0/WiFi card to work as well.

I will test all of the motherboard main features and if everything works, then the Sniper 3 should be declared as another fully working Hackintosh.

More on this soon.

faithfully followed all the instructions, and not placed in the system after multibeast my stalls amid its brand apple and enters only with-x.

I pray you would like your help because I fight for 5 days.The my machine consists of the following:

Intel Core i5 3470 3.2
MSI INTEL Z77A-G45
8gb ram Kingston 1333 ddr3 2x4
Asus 560 ti 1gb
Hdd seagate barracuda 500gb sata3

Problem is Solved : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/107417-msi-z77a-g45-boot-problem.html

i can confirm that with your method i made it to work with:

MB MSI Z77A G45
CPU i7 3770 3.4
2 X 4 GB 2400 KINGSTON
1 TB 7200/64 WD
SSD 120 GB KINGSTON
2 X 650Ti 2 GB DDR5,192 bit
3x LG ips237l bn

and yes hd4000 is working with this mainboard with PciRoot=1 GrapgicsEnabler=No

same thing for 2x650ti. they work in sli mod with PciRoot=1 GrapgicsEnabler=No

THX for nice tutorial.

Status