GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've been using this system since late september, my first hackintosh, MSI Z77A-G43 with an i5 2500k using the HD3000 for display output via DVI or HDMI. Right now I'm running ML 10.8.2. Trying to fix the sleep issue some time ago I flashed the bios from here http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/ , MSI Z77A G43 270 it was.

I have the patched DSDT following the instructions from this post: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=68835

From Multibeast I have:
TRIM enablert
FakeSMC and plugins
Lnx2Mac for Network
Both ALC892 for audio
The fix for enabling HD3000 graphics on a sandy bridge CPU with an ivy motherboard (Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations)
Mac Mini 5,1 Sysdef
SSDT

Everything but sleep is working: audio, network, usb3...

What happens when I try to sleep the system is: After clicking on sleep, screen goes black and after a couple of seconds all the fans and else goes off, as it should. But when pressing the power button again (input via keyboard or mouse won't produce any effect) the BIOS screens will appear, as it does when booting after a shutdown. After the bootloader screen two lines of text will appear on the top left corner of the screen:

header read size 200
incorrect image signature

and after that the boot continues.

I tried lots of things: sleepsenablers, playing with BIOS settings, playing with C and P-states and other settings from Chamelon Wizzard (even though I don't trully undestand this), looked at the system.log looking for errors with TSC sync (tried using the voodootscsync kext)...

I don't know why it's not workingm the only thing it maybe is because having the mix configuration with the cpu and motherboard... but I don't have a clue, really...

Anybody has any ideas of how to fix it? I can do a fresh install and try things from there or just from my current install, I've all backed up

He,

did you ever found a fix?
I tried everything...

He,

did you ever found a fix?
I tried everything...

No. But since this post, I upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.2. Now when it goes to sleep, the screen turns off but the fans and all are still on. But when pressing the power button, the screen turns on and it comes back to the desktop... So now is better... I will poke a bit again this summer, see if something has changed and can get it working properly.

Thans for the reply :)
Yes I'm in macericks too.
I was able to keep the fans running while in sleep (bios option: set standy mode from s3 to s1).
But still no real fix.
I Will keep trying and keep you posted ;)

I finally fixed it.
Open your console and then go to sleep.
When you wake the system it will freeze, hard reboot it and check the console again.
Do you see anything with TSC?

The thing is, right now my system goes to sleep and when trying to wake it up, it does. So, I have no freezes nor TSC related messages in the console. Yet when sleeping the fans are still on, but wakes up fine when moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard. On my BIOS settings the sleep mode is set to S3.

Are you running Mavericks 10.9.2 on the same hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back