- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
The IOReg screenshot indicates that the new Thunderbolt SSDT has still not taken effect (hence no hot plug). This is surprising so let's check all the basics again:Okay so I got out the TS3+ dock, which is PCIE only - I think part of the confusion that happens with the TS4 is that it is a TB4 AND USB4 dock, so if it fails to connect over TB4, then it will just revert to being USB only. The TS3+ is only a PCIE TB3 dock, so it's easier to tell if hot plugging is working.
That said: Hotplugging is still not working - I plugged it in and it failed to connect.
Should I reenable the
SSDT-TB3HP.amlin my config.plist?
My biggest thing is; I don't want to blindly enable and disable stuff and just say hey! it works! and call it a day; I like to know why something is working and what it's doing instead of just firing files at it! That's why I really appreciate your help with this - I'm starting to figure out a bit more of what's going on! Fixing TB4 has always been the one thing I wanted to do, and I'm stoked to be getting this much closer!
- Post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI page.
- If you have more than one EFI partition, check that you're booting from the correct disk. If in doubt, open the BIOS boot menu and select the right boot disk.
- What we're looking for is this:
- Under RP01 we should see a sub-device called UPSB
- And under UPSB we should see DSB0, and under DSB0 we should see NHI0
- We should also see DSB1, DSB2, and DSB3
- If we don't see these devices, it means the Thunderbolt SSDT has not taken effect and hot plug will not be functional