Contribute
Register

MSI Z490 Tomahawk + i7-10700k / Catalina 15.5.5 / OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the EFI.

I have basically the same rig and instead of just iGPU I’m using a 5500xt. However there is no video output from 5500xt. When connected to iGPU (DP on mb), it works fine.

please help, thank you

Thanks for the EFI.

I have basically the same rig and instead of just iGPU I’m using a 5500xt. However there is no video output from 5500xt. When connected to iGPU (DP on mb), it works fine.

please help, thank you

On what stage video from 5500xt disappears?

How did you get intel graphics to work?

IMG_2420.PNG

So everything is working except for ethernet. (It says self-assigned address and cannot connect to internet, but I use WiFi so I don't really care. Removed the ethernet kext altogether.)
The problem now is, the boot time is a bit long. If I take a look using verbose mode, it seems that it stucks here for around 15 seconds. Any idea on what's going on?

Hi, I am pretty new to Hackintosh. I recently built my new pc with MSI 490m wifi motherboard, i7-10700. I created the bootable USB drive installed Catalina using UniBeast. However, the motherboard could not find the boot device. How do you install the macOS? Do you have this kind of issue? Thanks

Hi, I am pretty new to Hackintosh. I recently built my new pc with MSI 490m wifi motherboard, i7-10700. I created the bootable USB drive installed Catalina using UniBeast. However, the motherboard could not find the boot device. How do you install the macOS? Do you have this kind of issue? Thanks
Hi, I can give you some help here. A very general walkthrough, not containing all the details you might need to find with Google:
1. Make an installation stick, which you seem to have done already.
2. Put OpenCore folder into your EFI partition, parallel to the Microsoft folder which is generated by your Windows system.
3. What's the use of OpenCore? It's a bootloader. So, it does two things: it creates a boot menu, from here you can choose what you are booting into (Windows, Mac, Mac installer, etc). And, within it contains the configurations and drivers (kexts) that are necessary for running MacOS on your computer.
4. Now you have OpenCore in your EFI partition, and you have it configured for your build, you can boot into OpenCore and start your installation.
5. Done.

But this is clearly not the whole story, and there is some additional information you will want to know before you start:
1. There can be one EFI partition on each booting device - that is to say, you can have OC installed on a USB stick (can be the same one containing Mac installer) instead of on the EFI partition of your hard drive. This allows some flexibility.
2. Don't know how to configure OpenCore, and don't know what kexts you need? Well, there's a lot to learn. But if you just want to be a user of a Hackintosh PC, then just search for other people's solutions. There will be someone who has almost the same build as yours and has done the configuration. If they are as generous as OP and have uploaded the EFI folder, it's your lucky day. Download it, put it in your EFI partition, and wish it works.
3. When there are multiple .efi files in an EFI partition, the priority matters. So it's possible that you have OpenCore installed in your EFI partition, but your computer always boots into Windows - use EasyUEFI to change the priorities, it's a very simple fix.
4. Very likely, you can install MacOS and boot into it successfully with someone else's EFI files. But very unlikely that it will be perfect. For example, I used OP's EFI, installed MacOS on my computer, and I couldn't get video output using my pcie GPU, only iGPU works. I later got it fixed. My ethernet is still not working and I haven't found a solution. When things like this happen, do a lot of googling and if you still can't solve it, get help from the forum.

Hi, I can give you some help here. A very general walkthrough, not containing all the details you might need to find with Google:
1. Make an installation stick, which you seem to have done already.
2. Put OpenCore folder into your EFI partition, parallel to the Microsoft folder which is generated by your Windows system.
3. What's the use of OpenCore? It's a bootloader. So, it does two things: it creates a boot menu, from here you can choose what you are booting into (Windows, Mac, Mac installer, etc). And, within it contains the configurations and drivers (kexts) that are necessary for running MacOS on your computer.
4. Now you have OpenCore in your EFI partition, and you have it configured for your build, you can boot into OpenCore and start your installation.
5. Done.

But this is clearly not the whole story, and there is some additional information you will want to know before you start:
1. There can be one EFI partition on each booting device - that is to say, you can have OC installed on a USB stick (can be the same one containing Mac installer) instead of on the EFI partition of your hard drive. This allows some flexibility.
2. Don't know how to configure OpenCore, and don't know what kexts you need? Well, there's a lot to learn. But if you just want to be a user of a Hackintosh PC, then just search for other people's solutions. There will be someone who has almost the same build as yours and has done the configuration. If they are as generous as OP and have uploaded the EFI folder, it's your lucky day. Download it, put it in your EFI partition, and wish it works.
3. When there are multiple .efi files in an EFI partition, the priority matters. So it's possible that you have OpenCore installed in your EFI partition, but your computer always boots into Windows - use EasyUEFI to change the priorities, it's a very simple fix.
4. Very likely, you can install MacOS and boot into it successfully with someone else's EFI files. But very unlikely that it will be perfect. For example, I used OP's EFI, installed MacOS on my computer, and I couldn't get video output using my pcie GPU, only iGPU works. I later got it fixed. My ethernet is still not working and I haven't found a solution. When things like this happen, do a lot of googling and if you still can't solve it, get help from the forum.
Thanks so much for that information. It seems like I still have a long way to go. I believe there are lots of fun and challenges during the process. Finger crossed.

View attachment 483854
So everything is working except for ethernet. (It says self-assigned address and cannot connect to internet, but I use WiFi so I don't really care. Removed the ethernet kext altogether.)
The problem now is, the boot time is a bit long. If I take a look using verbose mode, it seems that it stucks here for around 15 seconds. Any idea on what's going on?

Hi, it looks like it stacks on airport. And I believe my setup stacks for a few seconds in a similar step. What wifi do you have?

Thanks so much for that information. It seems like I still have a long way to go. I believe there are lots of fun and challenges during the process. Finger crossed.

I can also recommend this guide on how to prepare a config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back