Contribute
Register

MSI Z490 Tomahawk + i7-10700k / Catalina 15.5.5 / OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I thought my hack was working fine now after redoing the open core from the website instructions, but there is still some slight jittering / lag in performance. When I boot, it lists a few errors and then boots in successfully, and I wonder if those errors are related. Is there no way to use Clover on a z490 build? I never had issues with clover (since Mavericks days), but open core is having audio drops, lag, freezes etc like when I had an AMD hack.

I think we all would agree that Clover is not compatible with 10th generation processors (z490 motherboards). Maybe in 6-12 months, but not now. OC is the only option. Unfortunately for me, I can't even boot using OC yet.

Nineniner....Could you post your EFI?

Thanks. I tried your EFI (once I generated my own Serial) and getting to the installer OSX screen; however, it's in a different language and when I click install, it gives some time of error message.

Thanks. I tried your EFI (once I generated my own Serial) and getting to the installer OSX screen; however, it's in a different language and when I click install, it gives some time of error message.
My OS was already installed before using open core. I already had a working clover config, and updated my mobo and CPU because clover wasn’t working.

I give up. :|
The language issue is because the default Opencore Mac recovery language is Russian. you need to make change under your config file to make it back to English.
under the NVRAM
NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> prev-lang:kbd
by default is "ru-RU:252" should probably be "en-US:0" for US Eng

the Opencore method works from recovery mode.. so you need to have a working internet to reinstall Catalina.. i.e. your ethernet should be working and properly configured in your config and drivers/kexts.

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I am using MSI z490 gaming carbon wifi board with 10700k. I successfully installed Catalina 15.5. I added both LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext on my Kexts but it says that the cable is unplugged cant connect. Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I am using MSI z490 gaming carbon wifi board with 10700k. I successfully installed Catalina 15.5. I added both LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext on my Kexts but it says that the cable is unplugged cant connect. Thanks in advance.

have you tried removing the IntelMausiEthernet.kext and cleaning your config file?? I don't think IntelMausiEthernet.kext is required. you only need Lucy kext. remove intelmausi kext and remove its reference/entry from config file.

and have you tried configuring it manually in system pref>network>(ethernet) advanced>hardware. it resolves most of the issues. even the developer of the kext suggests so. set the parameters as follows:
configure: Manual
Speed: 1000baseT
Duplex: full duplex
MTU standard 1500

play around a bit and hopefully it works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back