Contribute
Register

MSI Z490 Tomahawk + i7-10700k / Catalina 15.5.5 / OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have somewhere the EFI with working HDMI, but without acceleration. I will try to find it later and share it.
Did mac see the network interface at least?

Thanks for you help.
The mac sees the interface but I looks broken in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 16.32.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 16.32.19.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 16.31.59.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 16.31.59.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 138
You need an updated kext to fix the ethernet port issues on the msi boards.
For those having audio issues, you can use the Voodoohda kext and it works fine.
I posted a few days ago my setup with the code - everything except wifi works for me (z490m gaming edge) -- the msi boards for z490 share most components so feel free to poke around and take what you need.

Yup yesterday I found the original thread on the insanelymac Forum with the newest kext file. :)
And thanks for the hint with audio. Though I'm using a external USB audio "card" it would be nice to have working audio.

Btw. I fixed the problem with the iGPU. It was the cable which wasn't working anymore when the driver was engaged. The same cable works flawlessly with my MacBook Air though...

Yup yesterday I found the original thread on the insanelymac Forum with the newest kext file. :)
And thanks for the hint with audio. Though I'm using a external USB audio "card" it would be nice to have working audio.

Btw. I fixed the problem with the iGPU. It was the cable which wasn't working anymore when the driver was engaged. The same cable works flawlessly with my MacBook Air though...

interesting you say this ... i had a similar problem with the HDMI cable to iGPU on my z390 rig. In that case it was a brand new cable from Amz and it either would not work at all or sometimes output a green/black banded image. I ended up returning the cable thinking it was defective, but I wonder if it was something else..

Nice, thanks for guide onto same motherboard as mine, also have Rx5500Xt 8gb
question: is your graphic accelation working as in Apple Tv+ to see DRM vid

UPD: SOLVED by replacing to another EFI folder

Hello. I have same setup but on Gigabyte MB. After replacing old EFI folder to new one from here UEFI boot option for this SSD disappeared. Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've got still waiting for root device sign on boot. Any advice please?

Is it possible to hackintosh a z490i unify from msi?

@mitrovtsiy have you resolved audio issue?? I am having MSI Z270 board with i7 6700k. Was having issues with clover as the boot was miss or hit and random restart. So switched to OpenCore. Now the system is absolutely stable and working great. Initially was having issue with my audio with applealc and the audio was breaking. I used the method of inserting the pciroot and audio layout and it now works like a charm. You can give it a try. obtain your audio pciroot and insert it under DeviceProperties and insert the layout id as child in your config file. then try by inserting the layout id. My situation was also like yours until I inserted the actual and correct pciroot of my audio device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back